Thread: Anyone used OneNote Mobile for Android ?

Anyone used OneNote Mobile for Android ?

I want some help here. I have number of notes in OneNote. I have to sync this with my android phone. I want to know that is anyone using OneNote with Android. If yes then how can I sync it with my pc. Also is there any bug in mobile platform. If yes then is there any better application that can help me to view all notes on smartphone. Thanks.

Re: Anyone used OneNote Mobile for Android ?

I had tested that. It is really buggy. I created a number of notes in OneNote. I got some way to manually copy them in OneNote folder on Android. But that didn't worked well. I too trying to find a better alternative.

OneNote is available for Android but with certain limitation. You cannot just copy paste or sync them instantly. First of all you might not be able to see the images used in OneNote. That can be the bullet list and other stuff. But possible to sync. For that you have to configure Skydrive on your phone. Whatever notes you have in your pc edition just copy or sync them to the Skydrive.

The same then can be used on smartphone to get all your data instantly. That is the only option available. There is direct way to sync then just by plugging the usb connector. The Android version is free. The maximum limit to notes in the mobile edition is just 500 notes. That is quiet enough. To access the same you have to open up the notes directly through skydrive.com in your web browser. It is editable and you can save that. Skydrive work on pc edition well where it syncs all the content automatically. For unlimited usage of notes creation on Android you have to upgrade the same purchase the app.

But I think free edition is quiet more than enouhg. You must have atleast Android Gingerbread or higher to use it properly. Another important thing, to use Skydrive, you have to find a browser that supports it. Or else it will not be viewable. I think it would work better on Opera Mini. You can test that.

OneNote is just another note taking app and I am sure you ware going to find a number of free stuff on Google Play. Just go and search for note taking there. You can see the list of number of application that you can try.

Compared to OneNote on Android you will find Evernote much better. The interface of Evernote is quiet dull compared to Evernote. It is a rich note taking app which is designed to give you better productivity. This app also comes with a free edition. You do not need to do much in that. It has a inbuilt option through which you can sync all your notes on any platform you are working. Compared to OneNote it offers you a to add photos, create to-do list, generated voice alert, etc. You can search for notes easily from where you want. The best part of this app is that it offer you a sync option by which you can open and modify your notes on pc also.

On the same sharing the note with your friends is possible. It has different engine to share your file easily. I found it better. The notes have enough graphics to make it interactive and easy to understand. It has a powerful search process. You can look for text in a image, or simply arrange your notes through tag method. Good for those who are frequent users. OneNote does not offer you option to organize your notes properly. You can also mail them or tweet them if you want. EverNote offers you social sharing of your files. You can hook them up on Twitter or Facebook making it more easy to use.

I am using EverNote and it is much better. This app is available for Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, iPad, WeBOS and Windows Phone. So it is much easier to share the notes among each of them. You can create travel plans, list, notes, view web pages, capture a snapshot through camera, etc.

OneNote is decent if you do not want some extra features. you can stick with some existing options. You have to configure Skydrive anyhow. It does not work on all browser, while compared to that EverNote is quiet optimized. I was wondering whether EverNote can help us to view OneNote files also. But never tested. I installed OneNote. It is limited and has decent access. If you work purely on this then better use OneNote. It would a bit complicated for you to switch to EverNote so instantly. You can install both the apps and work a little while. I am only using OneNote because I had created a number of notes in my pc and do not want to loose them.

There is no migration service available which can migrate all your OneNote files to EverNote. If this has happened I would switch to Evernote long before. I hope this would work well. Also there is some issue with skydrive. It does not open up in many browser. I have to refresh the page a number of time. To remove that issue I downloaded a app from Google Play which is specifically design to browse SkyDrive files. It is a bit irritating to download the files and then locate them.

OneNote needs a bit improvement on Android. I had seen a number of user are unhappy with it. But surely we can expect a better version in coming time. EverNote is quiet fine, but it give you limited access in the free edition.

I do not use EverNote nor OneNote. Because I was quiet aware about the issue of syncing. That is the reason I purchased Classic Notes + App Box. This is a decent note taking software. I do not really require to sync my notes with pc. But one thing that OneNote and EverNote offers you is online storage. So if any issue happen you can format your phone without worried about the notes stored. It updated version is already available on the web.

It is quiet easy to operate also. The reason to choose Classic Notes was its feature. It give you a option by which you can export all your notes to miroSD card in the form of text file. This gives a nice backup option. Also it is possible to import files in this app in the form of csv file. Social sharing is provided with backup and translation support. I can simply send my documents on Google docs. It also support dictation. It is possible to use it with Google Calender to set reminders and alerts. There is wide list of things you can do in this app.