Thread: Windows Phone 7 Error Code's 8600050C & 80072F06

Windows Phone 7 Error Code's 8600050C & 80072F06

I am having Samsung Omnia 7 and I have been using it from several months and it worked fine until now. Just some hours ago I don’t know what went wrong with it and now when I am trying to sync it with Google contacts or calendar then I am getting Error Code's 8600050C & 80072F06. I am not able to make out what might be causing the same, so I am here to know if anyone is aware of these error and can help me out in getting rid of them?

Re: Windows Phone 7 Error Code's 8600050C & 80072F06

I am going through the same issue but slightly different than yours, actually contacts & emails are getting synced without any error in my case but I am getting same error for calendar. I have tried out basic solutions like rebooting the phone hoping that it might help but no avail. Even I will like to know if there is a fix for this issue.

I don’t know what exactly causes this issue to occur but I have come across some solutions that you both can go through.
    • First go through your calendar and try deleting a couple of recent entries and see if that’s helping. If any entry is having symbol like this "$" then delete it as well.
    • If that doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can uncheck Email, Contacts & Calendar and reboot your phone. After rebooting, delete your account and add it again and start syncing.

Just try out these things and let me know if any of them is helping you out, best of luck.

I have now tried following both the solutions that you have mentioned above but they are just not making difference in my case. I have checked out some other forums where such issues were mentioned but I haven’t come across any effective solution to get rid of this. I will like to know if there is anything else that I can try further?

I am not that sure about your case but I wanted to share that I had encountered same error codes on my WP7 phone some days ago. It happened to come up surprisingly and even I was not able to make out what exactly is causing the issue. I had tried out resetting the phone, deleting recent entries, deleting and adding account again but just like you I was not getting any kind of help from those things. The error appeared to continue, later when I was carrying out my troubleshooting while going through several forums I found that there’s something wrong going on with Google's "Contact birthdays" calendar. I don’t know what exactly the issue is all about but after unchecking Google birthday calendar my emails, contacts & main calendar synced up fine and I dint get the same error again. If you want then you can try out the same and check out if unchecking Google birthday calendar is helping you out as well.

You were right, Ive unchecked Google birthday calendar and now Google contacts and calendar are syncing up fine. I have rechecked it by enabling Google birthday calendar again and I am reproducing the same error. As far as I remember I had made some changes in birthday calendar but I can’t guess how will it affect Google contacts and calendar? Currently I have activated my hotmail contact's birthdays calendar and that’s working fine without any issue but If any of you here gets an update regarding Google birthday calendar issue then share it here, it will b appreciative.

Guys’ is there any update on this issue by now? Even I have fixed Error Code's 8600050C & 80072F06 for calendar by disabling Google birthday calendar but as soon as I am enabling it same error comes up again. I have checked out almost all sites where these error codes have been mentioned but I haven’t found any one mentioning cause of this issue? I have contacted windows phone support as well but I haven’t got any response from them and am still waiting.