Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Flash Player in Windows Mobile

Portable Devices

Old 22-08-2012

Flash Player in Windows Mobile

I am willing to get a Windows Mobile and I wanted to know if I can watch Flash Player in Internet Explorer? I have asked about the same to some of my friends and they have added that Windows Mobile doesnít support Flash Player like iphone any more but I just need a confirmation?

Old 22-08-2012

Re: Flash Player in Windows Mobile

Your friends were right, Windows Mobile doesnít support Flash Player like iphone any more instead it uses Adobe. Support for Flash Player in windows was killed long ago and it is expected to be killed by other devices as well, hope you donít need any conformation further. If you want then you can try using User Agent Switcher, it is a browser that you can get from Marketplace. It helps in spoofing your device, I mean you can simply spoof your app to "iPhone" and try checking out sites which still uses flash.
Old 22-08-2012

Re: Flash Player in Windows Mobile

User Agent Switcher Is good but it wonít work for all sites, just wanted to share that Most websites only a piece of information called User Agent. It helps in identifying the type of browser one uses and serve a version if site accordingly. Some websites assume we use Internet Explorer for Windows Mobile User Agent and severs us PC version of the same website which might need Flash. So user agent wont for such sites, you can try using Switcher app with different User Agents in order to get non-Flash version of the content served but thatís too complex.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,