Thread: Windows Phone 7 Connector not working with Mountain Lion

Windows Phone 7 Connector not working with Mountain Lion

Whenever I am trying to sync my Windows Phone 7 with newly installed Mountain Lion in my mackbook the “Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac” is simply getting crashed. I have tried connecting my phone several times but I am getting the same response from it. Just wanted to know if this can be an issue with the Connector or there might be some kind of compatibility issue with Mountain Lion? I am not able to make out what exactly is causing the issue and need help for fixing it, so any suggestions for this will be appreciated.

Re: Windows Phone 7 Connector not working with Mountain Lion

I have been facing same issue and have gone through a number of forums where similar issues were mentioned. By now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Phone 7 Connector couple of times but I am not getting any help from that. Windows Phone 7 Connector still gets crashed when I try to sync my lumia 700. I don’t know what else to try out further, if anyone out here is aware of any solution that can help in such case then please share it here.

Guys before I suggest you something further, I just want you both to confirm the below things first.
    • Verify the disk and see if any issue is reported
    • Try repairing Permissions
    • Try uninstalling Windows Phone 7 Connector application using AppCleaner and make a clean installation of it again

I have come across some people who have mentioned that performing these solutions have fixed out similar issue in their case, I think you both can give them a try.

I have now tried out all the things that you have mentioned, issue remains the same. I think that there is some kind of compatibility issue between them, I have tried using Windows Phone 7 Connector (for Mac) – Beta as well no luck yet. I am getting the same response from it as well. Currently I am carrying out my task by syncing it with other operating systems but I want to get it working with Mountain Lion as I have installed it in my macbook which I use all day long. Will like to know if there is any further update on this issue, hope to see Microsoft fix or apple fixing this issue with an update soon.

This issue can be because of corrupted XML file from iTunes as well so in that case you can try following below steps:
    • First disconnect your phone, close Windows Phone 7 Connector application, close iTunes, delete iTunes library.xml file. It will be in iTunes folder by default. Just make sure that you are deleting library.xml file and not Library.itl. If you don’t find library.xml then you can make use of finder as well. If you see iTunes Music.xml then delete it as well.
    • Now delete Connector application settings, it will be in ~/Library/Application Support, you should also make sure that you are deleting folder naming Windows Phone 7 Connector as well.
    • Once you have done these things you can open up iTunes and let it recreate XML file, it might take some time for recreating XML file. When XML file gets recreated then you can open Connector application and try to sync.

Just try it out and let me know if this workaround is helping you out.