Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's S-pen overviews

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's S-pen overviews

I just read that there has been release of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 which comes with a S-Pen which can be used as the navigation tool as well as to use it for various applications which include drawing and handwriting recognition. I couldn’t get many details about this S-pen, so can anybody tell me what it is about?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's S-pen overviews

The S-Pen of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is well designed to be held between the fingers as well as handling it on other occasions. The square shape of the stylus provides a good grip in the finger as well as provides a good handling on the table. Many times it happens that when the stylus of round shape is placed on the table, it rolls of the surface and goes under the table and so on. So this square stylus will stop this from happening. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is made with Wacom touch screen which provides a good accuracy and perfection while using the touch on the tablet.

The touch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 when using S-pen is so good that an architect can edit the architectural drawings on it using the S-pen and the accuracy that the tablet’s touch screen provides us. Also the tablet has more advanced level of pressure sensitivity which can be used to give various effects to the sketches that we have made. This pressure sensitivity can be brought into use to get the sketches right using this tablet.

The coolest feature I think is that of the pointer. You just take the S-pen close to the screen of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and you will see a pointer which can be used as the mouse pointer for this tablet. So now we can have mouse like device to control the operations we do on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

I think that his hover feature of the S-pen for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1is literally useless. There are many websites which when mouse pointer is held over some part of the menu or picture, a pop-up comes up saying some stuff or with some other menu. When visiting such website using Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and browsing using the S-pen, this causes trouble as the websites start popping up the random menu and pop-ups all over the screen. But considering the precision it provides, it works better than a finger on the tablet while surfing internet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will come with some cool apps that will utilize the full use of S-pen. Some apps that were present in Samsung Galaxy Note have been upgraded to make full utilization of the stylus. Also with integration Wolfram Alpha with which helps to recognize the complex mathematical symbols like that of the square root and permutations and so on. I think this part will really help the students to solve their Mathematic sums using this tablet. Also there is an app by name S Suggest that will find other apps on Google Play that are compatible and will let you use the S-pen to its full functionality.

I think that the split screen feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is the coolest feature that can be done by using the S-pen. We can split the screen using the S-pen to have many activities or processes running simultaneously on the tablet and also to work on them at once. For example, we can have web browser running in one section while have a text editor in other section. This will help us work on more than one activity at a time. This is also really helpful when it comes to productivity.

I think the coolest feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that can be used with S-pen is photo and image editing. There is an app similar to Photoshop using which you can edit or even create new pictures. We can have various types of brushes and other tools needed for image editing to do magnificent editing. I mean it is a good substitute for Photoshop and provides good number of options to use from. Suppose we are traveling in a bus and boss asks for the basic flow chart diagram of the ongoing project’s plan. We don’t have it with us. So we can just create it on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and send it to him.

I think the low screen resolution of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 stops the developers from completely utilizing the S-pen. I mean there were numerous possibilities of using the S-pen for various purposes, but I think they have not been explored. I don’t know if it is possible or not, but the tablet could have been made to use as the pen tablet for computers. It would have been cool if we could connect it to PC and use it as navigation device as well as for editing images and other such things. With more resolution, much advanced uses would have been possible.

Since this tablet is new and it is first of its kind to have such cool features, I think Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and its S-pen is coolest tablet available in market. I hope the next version of this tablet comes with much cooler tools and options. More advanced apps and utilities would be really appreciated. But for now, I think that this is the best tablet available.