Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Rooting

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Rooting

I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I started using it. After exploring it for some time, I realized there are too much junk applications pre-installed in it. I think I will remove these applications so that the internal memory is freed for other applications that I want to install in it. I had rooted some other tablets in past. But with such an expensive tablet in hand, I am bit scared that something might go wrong. So if anybody has rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in past, can he/she tell me how to d it right?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Rooting

I did the rooting of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 by injecting the ODIN stock firmware into the tablet. This method is good for doing the basic rooting and it will also not increase the binary count of this tablet. Also by this rooting method, you will be able to receive updates for the firmware you have installed. The best part of this rooting is that it will still maintain the warranty of the tablet after it is completed. I didn’t write down the exact steps for this rooting method but, I will ask you to follow it to get things right.

The rooting of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is easy with the injection of ODIN firmware method. I can provide you with the steps you are required to do get the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 successfully rooted.

1. The first thing you need to do is to get the built number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The firmware you will download must also match this built number. You will find the built number of your tablet in settings under ‘About device’ option.
    2. Now you need to restart the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and boot it into the ODIN download method. For doing this, you have to hold down the power button and volume down button for 15 seconds.
    3. You will see a long warning message now and you will have to continue into the process by pressing the Volume up button.
    4. Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to your computer using USB and download stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 of your region.
    5. You will get two files in the folder for the firmware which you have to unzip before you use them. Also make sure that you have installed Samsung USB driver in your computer.
    6. Now you will see a window open in your computer and it will have some empty boxes in it. One of the boxes will have a random number which will be marked in yellow color.
    7. Now just click on the PDA button and you will need to select the .tar file that you got from the ODIN firmware download. Now click on the start button and et the process begin.
    8. The process might fail once or twice. Check if you are using USB 2.0 or 3.0 and try again. When it succeeds, you will get a message saying ‘PASS’ on the screen. You can restart the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and you will have rooted tablet with you.

There are many misconceptions regarding the rooting of Android devices. Many claim that rooting a device will lead to loss of data. But let me tell you that this doesn’t happen.

The device retains all the data and the settings in it. It is done just to modify certain files which lock features that will help us to get the administrator’s control over the tablet. So you can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 without any fear of data loss or any other problems regarding it.

You can also try rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 by using the ClockworkMod recovery to recover the partition in your tablet that has the important files that will help you to root your device. Using his method will provide you easiest way to root your device.

Also this method of rooting is good because you can again rollback the whole system to way it was under stock settings. Also it will provide you large choice over the firmware you want to have in your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The size taken by this rooting process is just 20 MB.