Thread: Best between Asus Transformer Infinity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Best between Asus Transformer Infinity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Planning to get a new portable pad and I am after all my research I have narrowed down my choice to Asus Transformer Ininity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I am willing to get one from these but I am not able to make out the best one for me. I have used Transformer Ininity and I am quite aware of its pros and cons but I haven’t got hold of Galaxy Note 10.1. My friends say that it is better than Transformer Ininity, so I want to clarify from you all if it is true, is there anyone who is aware of these products or have came across them and can let me know which one is better??

Re: Best between Asus Transformer Infinity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

According to the specification I am finding Asus Transformer Infinity to be better than Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I am not aware of the price of Transformer Infinity as I haven’t come across a site displaying the same by now, Galaxy Note 10.1 is approximately for 30k. So if price of Transformer Infinity is lesser than that then I will suggest you to go for it. Note 10.1 is not having a hd display and it is having 5 megapixel rear camera where as Transformer Infinity is having 10.1" WUXGA Full HD (1920 × 1200) LED Backlit screen with 10-finger multi-touch and 8MP Rear camera. Will check about regarding the Infinity price and will update the same here but until then Infinity is surely a better choice.

I agree to that point, we can say Transformer Infinity is better than Galaxy Note 10.1 until its price is released. Bebo.K has already pointed out some of the difference that is to be concerned. I just wanted to add that other than these things Transformer Infinity is having a better battery life as compared to Galaxy Note 10. It is also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 for better protection of the display. I find build and design of Transformer Infinity to be better as well. Anyways one of the main factors is still missing and that’s price, not sure what it might be but if there is good difference between them then Galaxy Note 10.1 can turn out better.

I am not sure but I have just gone through some sites and have found the price of Asus Transformer Infinity to be displayed as $838 which as per INR will be 46,000. If that’s true then Galaxy Note 10.1 will be much better choice, as far as the difference is concerned no doubt Transformer Infinity is having better display and camera but I don’t think there will be much difference between the battery life. Sources say that Note 10.1 can last for 8 hours and I don’t think a difference of 1 hour will matter that much. On the other hand both these pads are running on Android OS, v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and there is no much difference between their cpu as well, Transformer Infinity is having Qualcomm MSM 8260A Snapdragon S4 Krait Dual-core 1.5Ghz CPU(3G ) where as Galaxy Note 10.1 is having Quad-core 1.4 GHz.

I am just highlighting the factor that is to be considered for making comparison:

Asus Transformer Infinity:
    • Display - Super IPS+ LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
    • Camera – primary: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and secondary: 2 MP
    • Memory - 2/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM and expandable up to 32 GB
    • Data - Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP, EDR and USB: v2.0
    • Chipset - Nvidia Tegra 3 T33
    • CPU - Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9
    • GPU - ULP GeForce
    • Price – 45,000 INR

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
    • Display - PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    • Camera – primary: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality and Secondary: 1.9 MP
    • Sound - Alert type with Vibration and MP3 ringtones, Loudspeaker with stereo speakers
    • Memory - Internal: 16/32/64 GB storage, 2 GB RAM and expandable up to 64 GB
    • Data - Bluetooth : v4.0 with A2DP and USB: microUSB (MHL) v2.0, USB Host support
    • Chipset - Exynos 4412
    • CPU - Quad-core 1.4 GHz
    • GPU - Mali-400MP
    • Price – 30,000 INR

So now going through their differences as per specification and price is appearing better.