Thread: What you expect from new Aakash 2 Tablet

What you expect from new Aakash 2 Tablet

Akash 2 is another upcoming tablet in Indian market. Made from the point of view of education this is one of the cheapest brand in world. Though it lacks a good performance and output, but enough for study purpose. Now Akash 2 is announced and will be released soon. What are the changes you want to see in that.

re: What you expect from new Aakash 2 Tablet

First fo all I had pre-book Akash long before and did not recieved it yet. I hope this would be made in bulk amount and we can gift that to our kids. This is the cheapest product and we cannot expect it to perform well or give better output. We have other budget tablets also.

It is right, that we cannot expect much from this. But for a educational institution this tablet is a book. They can provide this to kids and allow them to study on digital platform. This will also let the kids to understand and learn about upcoming new technology. Till today in our government schools the level of education is very poor. Kids who start their career from public schools usually lands nowhere. There very rare places in India where public schools have a good amount of educational facility.

Under this Akash tablet act as a new way of teaching. But adding a technology in the educational institution it has became possible to make education more attractive. I would like to have a better touch interface this time. I have the older version which is very poor in performance and the display is also not good. Instead of Android why don't our government try to put Linux in that. Any distro like Ubuntu is quiet more than enough to perform well.

If you need a good tablet then quiet Akash. Go for Wespor, iBerry, iBall, Micromax, etc. They have a better alternative. It will cost you between Rs.4,000 to Rs.8,000 to get a decent product with all facilities that you are looking for.

I found some info of Akash 2 on web. It is being rumored that the new version of Akash will have Android ICS. That means instead of Gingerbread or any lower OS we might get lucky to find ICS on it. But the cpu is around 800Mhz only. This would really hamper the performance of ICS. This OS is new and needs better cpu power. Other than this the RAM will be around 256mb only. One good news is that there is 2GB internal storage with wifi and gprs connectivity. The battery will lie between 3000 to 4000mAh.

If it is below 3500mAh then do not expect a good battery life. The tablet will only work around 3 to 4 hours maximum depending on the usage. Akash 2 is cheap but also it lacks a number of performance. It is designed for study only. So playing videos or surfing can cause more poor output. I am sure this can be a good equipment for kids who really does not expect much from a tablet pc.

We can only get the final output on this once, the tablet is actually release. I am sure there will be Gingerbread, not ICS. Because the old one that I saw was a very low grade device. Slow responsive screen and low hardware were prime features. I do not know how will they add ICS on it.

Re: What you expect from new Aakash 2 Tablet

It is right, that ICS will not work well. But it is better to have a new OS. I was hoping to have a good amount of battery life. Other than this we need some platform from where we can collect digital study material so that kids can study well. Based on different class, it is necessary that the government should plan for a virtual library also. This library must have all primary and secondary level educational material. Here kids can simply download them through Internet and have a visual representation of things.

Android is a great platform for education. If this is taken into hand in a proper way, then this became a easier option to teach kids. Our education system pressurize more on theory or book knowledge. But Akash would give a change to the same. I am sure many schools and government institution must adopt this and generate a better level of education platform for people.

There should be a higher internal storage. 2GB is simply not worth enough. I expect to have around 4GB instead. Wifi connectivity is good. But instead of ICS, it is better to use Gingerbread. This will work better on 800Mhz cpu. It is not bad at all to handle a number of app functions on the same. I had checked the review of older version of the same. It was not too good.

This time it would be a improved version and we might get better output. This time there will be those things fixes which are not found in the older series. Akash is designed for education purpose. so it is not at all worth to expect a higher hardware in it. It is the ultra cheap tablet in entire world. This time they are trying to put something better. The batter performance and other stuff can be expected as good. It is also right that we have a much better alternative already available in the market.

Somehow it is only users choice what he wants to go for. There can be number of rumors based on Akash release, but still the final news can give us more surprise. This time the price is also not provided. We can expect the launch very soon.