Thread: What's new in next Nokia Windows phone 8

What's new in next Nokia Windows phone 8

Hi, am using Nokia Lumia 800 since its release and really loved this device. I can say that it is much better than all Nokia smartphones, including the ones with Symbian Belle os. Now as i heard that Nokia is going to unveil Windows Phone 8 based smartphones on Sept 5 in New York, i would like to know what you guys expecting to be new features in those devices ? Am surely going to buy whichever phone nokia releases with W8 OS. hence need some information. Hope you guys will help me. Thank you.

Re: What's new in next Nokia Windows phone 8

Yes, you heard correct. Nokia will showcase a new handset powered with Windows Phone 8 on September 5th but its not yet sure whether it will be Lumia series or will come with new name. Anyways, as per the new feature, the very first and most important change we going to get is the Bluetooth File Transfer.

Earlier Windows Phone were missing this feature, specially Windows Phone 7.5 which was having every thing smart but no bluetooth. Other than this there will be some more major changes.

Now as Apple is taking is technology to the height with the new iOS 6 and Google doing the same with Jelly Bean, it was very much necessary for Microsoft to integrate some new unique features if they want to survive in the market with Windows Phones. And here it is, they did the same. Windows Phone 8 is going to be mostly different from earlier devices.

In new Windows 8 Phones, there will be Multi Core Chipset Support, Native Code, Native NFC and Mobile Wallet Support and much more. I think they have a strong plan to rock the market with term "Windows 8", no matter on PCs or tablets with Windows 8 operating system or on smartphones with Windows phone 8 os.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullorton View Post
    In new Windows 8 Phones, there will be Multi Core Chipset Support, Native Code, Native NFC and Mobile Wallet Support and much more. I think they have a strong plan to rock the market with term "Windows 8"
    Thats true friend, but thats not all. Apart from the new things you mentioned above, Microsoft has also introduced Internet Explorer 10 in Windows mobiles as well this time, and it is said to be the same browser we used on W8 desktops as per the functionality and performance. This IE10 mobile will also provide features like HTML rendering, SmartScreen anti-phishing, etc. Other than this, they have also changed the Start Screen (tiles) in upcoming Windows Phone 8 mobiles. Now users will be able to make tiles in the size they want.

Here is the complete list of changes going to show up with the launch of Windows Phone 8:
    • Internet Explorer 10
    • Windows Phone 8 for Businesses
    • MicroSD Card Support
    • Native NFC and Mobile Wallet Support
    • Multi Core Chipset Support
    • Nokia Maps
    • Native Code

For more info, you can also check this: Windows Phone 8 features