Thread: How to use Teamviewer on a Tablet PC

How to use Teamviewer on a Tablet PC

I want to use Teamviewer on Android pc but yet not able to understand that it would work or not. I need some suggestion based on performance and usage of remote desktop on tablet pc. My friend has a Wespro tablet which is very limited in hardware support. I am willing to get tablet like Funbook Pro which has a 1Ghz processor and 400Mhz GPU. I am sure this will work well.

Re: How to use Teamviewer on a Tablet PC

For using Remote Desktop on your tablet you need a better Internet support. Without that you cannot do much thing. You have to be on 3G or Wifi. I had used Teamviewer on a low grade budget tablet which works quiet well.

It right, there are number of different apps available for Android that you can go for. Only Teamviewer is not yet recommended. I have a 7" Funbook with me. I had installed Teamviewer on it. When I try to connect on regular connection it lags like hell. But when I switched to wifi it worked quiet well. So if you are on a high speed Internet network then only you can go for a remote desktop connectivity. The same thing is applicable for desktop also.

If you are on slow Internet connectivity remote desktop will be poor. Compared to other stuff Teamviewer offers you a simple and basic connectivity options. Inside the application you can modify the settings and make it more lighter. I am using this only on hotspot. Somehow it is a bit complicated to use Teamviewer on a tablet pc. The reason is touch interface. You said that you are using the same on Wespro tablet. But if the interface is poor and you do not get a good touch response it will be complicated for you to perform a number of activities.

This is right that if you have a poor touchscreen support then it a bit complicated to handle the same. I had used the same and it worked well. It is necessary that you must get a good tablet with better touch support. Funbook will work I think.

According to me Remote Desktop is not made for Tablet PC. What I tried is Xtralogic. I use this to connect to my system at any time. I have two choices here to use. First was a basic Android tablet that operates on 1Ghz processor and 1Gb ram. I installed Xtralogic and used it for a while. It was fine but the response was slow. It was laggy somehow when I open any window. I cannot copy paste or get the proper right click menu on the same.

When you are connected to a desktop you need options like right click menu, or copy paste controls from keyboard. This all are missing in Android. Second my friend was having a iPad. I thought to test the same on it. I purchased Splashtop 2 for $ $4.99. This was not at all costly but quiet a nice app. Somehow this tool provides you option for waking a system on LAN, and improved performance. It worked much better in comparison to Android. There were quick menus that you can use to move files and perform a number of actions.

Compared to Android, iPad is better. If you are looking for task like this, which are resource intensive you must rely on Android. They might give you only basic support which is quiet less as compared to others.

Thats right. I am using a free software on iPad for remote desktop connectivity. It is called as Remote Desktop Lite - RDP. There is a pro version of this app which is chargeable but yet a nice produce. You can simply do a number of task on this. I connect to my Windows pc through this and it worked well. There is on screen keyboard provided with ample of other navigation keys. I had seen iPad is quiet responsive on Remote connectivity while Android lacks due to performance.

If you are wifi and using Android then this device is the best I had seen. Do not rely on apps they do not help much. They too needs ample of support to perform different actions. If you on iTunes there are many similar apps. It is very important to get a good touch support so that you can move your mouse very comfortable around. Still if you want to test then do that through VNC. A app that support VNC remote connectivity is android-vnc-viewer.

There is one more thing you can do. You can go with web based remote connectivity. There are some online service like Joinme. You can use this to connect or share your desktop with others. It works inside a browser like Firefox or Chrome. It works well.

After reading this entire thread I found that for better usage you need nice Internet connectivity. It would only work well. If the connectivity is weaker then you can do nothing in the same. There is one more app on Google Play called as Remote Desktop. It just ask you the ip address that you can configured and the login password. That's all. You can control your desktop easily. It is a bit easy to understand.

There are some options that you can go for. First if you had not purchased a tablet and willing to buy then look for better hardware support. Check for CPU above 1Ghz with GPU support and alteast 1GB ram. When you are connected try to stay active on wifi, and optimize the connection to work on lowest settings. Remote Desktop applications like TeamViewer provides you option through which you can disable the screen resolution. It works easily.

Look for ShowMyPC. This is one of the best application I had seen so far. It is being used by many and there is android version of this app available. I think this is going to help you much in many ways.