Thread: Is it safe to kill all background processes in ICS devices

Is it safe to kill all background processes in ICS devices

I got my brand new Funbook Pro just couple of hours ago. It is quite good tablet in a budget with large 10 inch screen. I tested it from everywhere, and found it good. For testing its gaming performances i download Fifa Soccer from google play that is in size of 400MB (quite heavy), but while playing i found it was lagging. So in the task manager app i found that there are 10 to 15 processes running in the background such as maps, gmail, search, etc.

i want to know weather it is safe to kill all these processes ? Will it hamper or prevent any app to work properly ?

Re: Is it safe to kill all background processes in ICS devices

Nope, i dont think there would be any problem by killing the background processes. Those are just unwanted processes running in background like it runs on Windows systems. But while killing those you must be sure that you are only killing the apps like youtube, gmail, gtalk, maps, etccc. Dont kill any system process like desktop or anything related to android os. It will stop your device to work and you will need to restart it again for making it normal.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Nope, i dont think there would be any problem by killing the background processes. Those are just unwanted processes running in background like it runs on Windows systems. But while killing those you must be sure that you are only killing the apps like youtube, gmail, gtalk, maps, etccc.
    I doubt on this. Even i am having an ICS tablet. I was facing some lags and freezing issue hence i download task killer app and killed all process. After that when i launched Chrome browser, i saw there was some RED color flashing around the screens. I rebooted the system and launched chrome, this time it worked fine but when again i killed all process, again i got the same problem. So, i think there could be some problem if you killed background process.

Quote Originally Posted by WYNNn View Post
    After that when i launched Chrome browser, i saw there was some RED color flashing around the screens. I rebooted the system and launched chrome, this time it worked fine but when again i killed all process, again i got the same problem. So, i think there could be some problem if you killed background process.
    No, i dont think so. There would be any other problem with your device or Chrome app itself. Because i am too using "Advanced Task Killer" app and dint noticed any such thing. Even my chrome is working good.

Another think i would like to say is that when you launch Advanced Task Killer app, it only shows you the applications that can be killed and those will not harm your device. For example, it only shows apps such as alarm clock, messaging, music player, maps, etc. These are not system files and can be terminated easily.

Why dont you try some another task Killer, there are many available on Google Play such as Easy Task Killer Advanced, Advanced Task Killer, Advanced Task Manager, etc.