Thread: Micromax Funbook Pro heating up while using usb

Micromax Funbook Pro heating up while using usb

I have purchased a new MicroMax Funbook Pro 10.1" tablet pc. It is quiet awesome device with 8GB internal storage. So to take some cool videos I had used a usb drive. I received a cable with Funbook Pro. When I transfer the videos from USB to the tablet internal storage the part on the right side is heated. Is this a issue. My friend has 7" Funbook, which he had purchased a month ago. After using for some while the tablet started overheating. He has given the same to service center for replacement. I hope this is a good product.

Re: Micromax Funbook Pro heating up while using usb

That issue is common. When you connect a usb to the tablet pc, and copy paste large files, overheating will occur. The reason is the usb. It draws quiet a good amount of power to move data. Try to copy files only by using a pc connectivity cable.

The overheating appears in many budget tablets. The usb needs a good amount of power for moving data. And the tablet does not has that much resources. It is recommended that you must use it when you connect the power adapter to the tablet. Somehow the tablets lack a better usb power management. This is a common issue with ultra portable also. When you hook a external storage device, I had notice that it get heats up to some extent. There is no way to fix that out. What you need to do is use a external memory card. That is better alternative. Because transferring data through MicroSD card is a better option.

I do not actually use a 3G USB dongle nor, a removable drive. You need a much powerful device in comparison to that. You must use the internal storage to copy all your data files and use them. If the device is still heating then it is better you must carry that to your nearest service center. There can be a battery problem. The device is shipped from New Delhi and goes to there for replacement or repair. It takes around 1 to 2 week to get the device replaced for that part.

If you go and check on Google, you will find that even iPad heats up. Heating is the most common issue with ultra-portable devices. As they lack space and there is low power support available. It is recommended that you must overload the device with apps and games.

Funbook Pro is far more better in comparison to Funbook 7". The first device was small and needs a bit more enhancement. I am sure whatever bugs people had faced in 7" Funbook will be fixed in the new version. Wherever I saw the information on this tablet I found that it is far more better. With enhanced graphic it has became a bit useful device. It quiet better that Micromax provided a additional video memory for bit processing power.

To some extent there is no way you can update your tablet to an higher version. You have to stick with your existing device configuration only. Overheating is caused due to overcharging, using the tablet for continuous hours, loaded too much free apps, that try to find updates from web and doing other number of stuff. Give your tablet a break within some time interval. Budget tablets lack a bit less quality of hardware. Using it excessively can cause the issue.

That is a common issue. Just ignored that. The same happens in many phones and even on laptops. When you use them for hours they heat up. But that is normal. If there is other major issue then simply carry it to the service center.

Last time I know on 7" tablet a number of users has complained about overheating stuff. But Micromax claimed that is common. The tablet can heatup upto 40degree due to access usage. You can simply ignore that. If you face that thing, try to turn off the tablet for sometime and then star using it again. The tablet only heats up mostly on the battery part. The heating appear because of lack of airflow in the tablet. There is no ventilation support provided. The cpu heats up on usage.

In laptop of computer we have ample of ventilation space. The same heat is trapped inside. You might notice the back material used is a kind of heat conductive. It draws the heat out and in touch with outer temperature the temperature is managed on its own. It is a good tablet and if you ignore all this stuff then there is no other issue in it. You must ensure to turn off the tablet for sometime if it is quiet heated. Funbook Pro is a multitasking tablet which runs different number of processes at a single time.

I have a iPad. It also heats up when I play game. I have to keep it near ac to cool down. I contacted apple center for the same. They said it is not a major issue until you face charging issues.

The best recommended is to keep your tablet on a case or dock. The more you hold it, the more uncomfortable it becomes to handle. And when you are using it, you must give a break of prescribed time interval. This devices doesn't comes with removable batteries. They are tightly fixed and that is the reason it heats up. If you found your device getting hotter turn it off for sometime. Number of people have a habit of using tablet while charging. This is another negative points. Either keep the tablet for charging and avoid using it. It puts another more impact on the battery.