Thread: Jelly Bean update release date for Samsung Galaxy S3

Jelly Bean update release date for Samsung Galaxy S3

As my title suggests, i want to know whether galaxy S3 will get Jelly Bean update in future ? Though Google launched JB with Nexus 7, it was their own device and was a good way to launch the new OS but if talk about Karbonn, they have launched JB tab too called Smart Tab 1. If such a small brand can launch a Jelly bean device whats wrong with Samsung Galaxy S3 ?

It is a revolutionary device and should get a JB update. But still it is with just Android 4.0.3. Is there any word on JB release date for GS3 ?

Re: Jelly Bean update release date for Samsung Galaxy S3

Relax dude. Galaxy S3 is indeed one of the best devices compared to iPhone or One X and should obviously get Jelly Bean update. As i too have a GS3, i keep searching for news about launching JB for the same. Yesterday i found somewhere that Samsung will launch the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 this month itself. Most probably on August 29th. However, there is no such official announcement made on Samsung or Google's websites but there are few sources published this news. So what we have to do is just wait and watch more 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post
    Yesterday i found somewhere that Samsung will launch the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 this month itself. Most probably on August 29th. However, there is no such official announcement made on Samsung or Google's websites but there are few sources published this news. So what we have to do is just wait and watch more 2 weeks.
    Even i doubt on this. I searched official sources for both Samsung and Android but dint found any such news over there. So, i believe that it is just rumor and nothing else. But if it is so, Google and Samsung should work on it and make JB for GS3. Galaxy S3 deserves Jelly bean.

Its not a complete rumor guys, they are really working on it and can be launched anytime soon. I can say this because there is also a Video available on youtube showing Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean preview. You can watch the same here: Youtube Video