Thread: Where to get a good Android MiniPC

Where to get a good Android MiniPC

I am looking for a MiniPC. A regular system in which I just need to hook the monitor through VGA or HDMI port. I just want to use the same for surfing or data transfer purpose. I just need a system through which I start a monitor and perform basic actions. I heard that there are some manufacturers who are coming up with Android mini pc. How it works where I can buy one. I hope this would not be a much costlier one. Thanks.

Re: Where to get a good Android MiniPC

There is a one Android 4.0 Mini PC. The cost of the same lies around $110. This is one of the small computer and works through HDMI output. There is only 1 usb host available. You have to hook the device to monitor and done. You can connect a wifi dongle to the device and configure wireless mouse and keyboard on it. It is not so good in performance but enough for regular usage.

The pc that you are talking about is called as embedded pc. They are compact enough for basic work. You cannot expect much from the same. Raspberry Pi is another upcoming mini pc which is a bit better than those Android PCs. If we talk about PC then we need Internet connectivity, surfing, keyboard mouse control, better graphics and multimedia support. So this all are the factors that you must check for. Dell provides a very compact model of PC's that you can carry in your bag. It comes with upgradeable hard drive and ram.

It is just a small box. But it is a complete desktop system. You can even add a till Intel Core i3 cpu on the same. So if you are investing on MiniPC then buy a device that can work anywhere. Android will not give you better features. There are number of things that you have to check and ensure. MiniPc lack support for many thing. If you put a bit pressure on the processor by running different kinds of apps then your system might crash instantly. Mini-Box is another brand which provides powerful embedded computers. You check for models on its official website.

Have a look on Acer Aspire Revo. This is a think mini pc with Windows support. It works on Intel Atom 330 processor. I will also recommend you not to go for any Android model as it can be very low in performance and output. It is very small and comes with all connectivity features that you need mostly.

My cousin has a thin mini pc. The model is Giada i53. I never saw such a thin model in my life. The specification of this PC supports Intel Core i7/i5/i3 processors. You can choose from what you want. Along with the pc has integrated Intel GMA HD 400 support and supports usb 3.0. The is movable and easy to carry where ever you want. I do not know from where you can buy but there is a contact info provided on the official site.

I will recommend you to have a look on the design atleast. It is the coolest model I had seen yet. There are some products released recently which offer a mini pc support through Android, but they are weak in performance. You can buy a tablet instead of that. Many tablets have a HDMI port, you can connect it to the TV and use it on a wide-screen device. It is not at all complicated to hook and use. There is another model that comes for $74. I had seen a video of the same on Youtube. It looks a bit costly product, but for instant use you can go for it.

Instead of spending that much amount of Mini PC why don't you purchase a ultra-portable system. There are ample of budge devices that you can go for. Ultra-Portable offers you a nice support for Internet and other works.

Do not rely on Android. If you bought a Android MiniPC then just assume that you had purchased a smartphone. Your monitors will be similar to that. A number of them do not come with lan connectivity. I had checked a review of Space Cube Linux PC long time ago. It was just a small box, in which you have to connect your monitor and done. You can work on a Linux environment. Compared to Android, Linux is quiet better.

The pc is expensive to some extent. The amount that you will pay for the portable device, you will get a mini laptop easily. The mini pc comes with vga connectivity. The price is too higher charged for this. I had never saw the device back again. After that there are number of manufacturer appeared with mini systems. Raspberry Pi is one of the. This is still developing and in future you will get more compact model. I love mac for the same. Mac desktop are very easily movable. You can carry them where ever you want.

If you really need a Android Mini PC then look for MK802 Android 4.0 Mini PC. It has 512RAM and 4GB flash storage. You can surf web and perform basic actions. It operates on 1.5Ghz processor which is fair enough for basic work. I am not sure about the keyboard mouse support.

The best mini pc that I had seen is Dell Studio Hybrid. Very small, portable and easy to carry. Dell offers you number of options under customization where you can add products of your choice. It has a powerful gigabit connectivity, wifi, sound card, cd/dvd support, etc. You can carry it anywhere you want. You can find this product anywhere in your nearby place. You can order the product online also. Lenovo also offers smaller pc models for work purpose only.

It is always better if you go for branded products. Because buying a android pc for first time and then it will be useless while such desktop can used forever. You can upgrade them or fit in your office for regular purpose. I own a small IBM pc which I had purchased long before. It is being outdated now and I kept that in office. Now I am planing to look for Dell Studio Hybrid or any other brand that can offer me a portable solution. I had checked and verified properly, this devices are quiet cool and better. They offer you easy connectivity and support.

It is a right suggestion that you must go for a branded desktop system instead of choosing some alien model. Because if something happen you cannot get a easy replacement on it. You can check the portable models in some near shops.