Thread: Ice Cream sandwich on Sony Xperia ion LTE

Ice Cream sandwich on Sony Xperia ion LTE

I have purchased a new Sony Xperia ion lt28h and I started using it. The first thing that disappointed me about this phone was that it has Android 2.3 Gingerbread as its default operating system. The smartphones have well advanced nowadays and it is surprising that Sony is still using Android 2.3. I wanted to know if it is possible to have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system on my new Sony Xperia ion. Has anyone installed Android 4.0on Sony Xperia ion who can tell me if it is fine if I do it?

Re: Ice Cream sandwich on Sony Xperia ion LTE

Yes, it is possible to change the operating system of Sony Xperia ion by flashing the new operating system to replace the old one. You just need to get proper flashing tools and then flash your Sony Xperia ion with baseband of F.111. While flashing your Sony Xperia ion you will be given a set of kernels to choose from. By default, many of them will be marked but you will find a fota kernel not marked. You have to mark it to get proper flashing of Android 4.0 in your phone. You have to turn on the smartphone with APN active. After the first startup is successful, Sony Xperia ion show a connectivity symbol on screen which suggests success.

Re: Ice Cream sandwich on Sony Xperia ion LTE

One thing you should see to it is that you should never try to flash the Sony Xperia ion which is of AT&T version. The AT&T version of Sony Xperia ion is locked to work only with AT&T network. If you change the operating system of this phone, then it might happen that it will change the settings that are fixed leading to more complex problems. After failing to successfully install the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, you won’t even be able to go back to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.