Thread: Anything interesting in Sony Xperia ion AT&T model phone?

Anything interesting in Sony Xperia ion AT&T model phone?

I am willing to buy Sony Xperia ion for myself and I was looking for the specifications of this phone. I found that there are three versions of this phone available in market and out of these three. One is AT&T model which is available in market. I wanted to know, what is so different about the AT&T Sony Xperia ion model which makes it different from other models of this same smartphone. Can someone tell me?

Re: Anything interesting in Sony Xperia ion AT&T model phone?

The Sony Xperia ion AT&T model will obviously be locked while the other models will be open to use of other network providers. I think this is the main difference that you will notice first. You will not be able to use any other network unless you pay extra for unlocking this phone. This version of Sony Xperia ion will be named as Sony Xperia ion lt28at. In this phone, you will find HSPA+ bands 850/1900/2100 and LTE 700/1700 bands to connect it to the network. Sony Xperia ion AT&T model is able to give high speed internet.

The battery that is used in Sony Xperia ion AT&T model is of better quality than that in the other versions of same smartphone. The battery is of 1900 mAh while in other version of Sony Xperia ion AT&T, which are ion lt28i and lt28h; the batteries are of bit lower quality and power. This improvement in the battery of Sony Xperia ion won’t make much difference as the battery of these smartphone is the poorest when it comes to time it can provide power.

The download speed you will get in Sony Xperia ion AT&T model is lower as compared to other smartphones that are available in market at this time. I compared the download speed and other connectivity attributes of Sony Xperia ion AT&T model with Samsung Galaxy SIII. I found that on the same AT&T network with 3G, Samsung Galaxy SIII was able to give download speed of 12 to 13 MBps while, Sony Xperia ion AT&T model wouldn’t go above 8 MBps. In few instances, the download speed would burst leading to rise of download speed up to 9 MBps.

I don’t think that Sony Xperia ion AT&T model is good option if someone wants to buy a smartphone. First of all the network is restricted which will make it almost useless to people who need to travel around the world. Also it is useless for a business person who might need to change the SIM card if he/she wants to use different numbers of different times. With so many problems about the battery of this phone, I don’t think Sony Xperia ion AT&T model is useful as a smartphone should be.