Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to root Sony Xperia ion

Portable Devices

Old 08-08-2012

How to root Sony Xperia ion

I am having Sony Xperia ion and I have heard that it can be rooted, I haven’t tried rooting any phones by now and this will be my first experience with it. I don’t have much idea about rooting as well, so is there anyone who can provide me the steps required for rooting Xperia ion? Help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2012

Re: How to root Sony Xperia ion

You can follow the below steps for rooting the phone but you will have to try it out on your own risk. I won’t take any blame if any damaged is caused to your phone by the rooting process. So if you don’t have any issue with that then you can follow the below steps:

Things need to be done before rooting:
Backup up all the personal data like SMS, contact list, call logs etc to be at the safer side as there are chances of them to be getting corrupted or lost.
Make sure that your phone is having 70% battery power as the rooting process can take some time and your battery should not get drained in between interfering the rooting process.

You need to have your phones boot loader unlock before trying out the rooting steps, so assuming that you are having your phones boot loader unlocked just download any of the kernel below as per firmware of your phone.
LT28i_6.0.F.0.72_Boot.elf
LT28i_6.0.F.0.111_Boot_Inecure.elf
(Google out name of the file above and download it from hotfile site.)

Rooting Sony Xperia ion:
Once you are ready with the respected file download Xperia ION rooting pack By Googling out “Xperia_Ion_Rooting.zip” it is a 1.1 MB file. After downloading Xperia_Ion_Rooting.zip file extract it in a folder and check out if there are files naming rootme, step4.sh , step5.sh and a folder naming files.

Now just click on rootme file and the process will get started. The rooting process will take some time so make sure that you are not interfering the process in between until the phone reboots automatically.

To make sure that your phone is rooted or not you can download and install “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store and run that application. It will let you know whether your phone is rotted or not.
Old 08-08-2012

Thanks for that, I have gone through the steps above and have understood it as well but I dint understand what you meant by “You need to have your phones boot loader unlock before trying out the rooting steps” ? I don’t know how to unlock boot loader of my phone. Can you let me know the steps required for that as well??
Old 08-08-2012

In that case you can go through the below thread:
Unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia ion
If you face any issue with any of the steps mentioned in that thread then you can feel to ask for further help.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,