Thread: Dell support center 3.0 is giving a warning message

Dell support center 3.0 is giving a warning message

I have downloaded and installed Dell support center 3.0 and I have ran some Hard Drive Tests and System Boards Tests, my laptop was able to pass all the test but I am getting the below error message for MultiCore Test.
    The Hardware is not functioning properly. To correct the problem:
    Turn off the system.
    Detach the power cord and wait for one minute.
    Re-attach the power cord and re-boot the system.
    Re-run the test
    I have tried out the troubleshooting methods that was suggested but I am still getting the same warning message for MultiCore Test. I just wanted to know what might be wrong and is there anything I need to do to pass the MultiCore Test?

Re: Dell support center 3.0 is giving a warning message

First of all I will like to inform you that MultiCore test monitor each cores utilization and if the utilization reaches certain limit then it throws the above warning message. You can try doing the below things for passing MultiCore Test.
    1. Make sure that there are no other processes running in the background when you are running this test.
    2. Check out and make sure that there is no instance of overheating
    3. If there are some processes running in the background or there is an overheating issue going on then they can lead core utilization to cross that certain limit and you will keep getting the same warning message again and again.

There is no overheating symptom in my case and this time I have ran the test without any process running in the background. I have closed all the application and have turned off the antivirus as well but I am still getting the same warning message. I am running out of ideas now, can this be an issue with the Dell support center software or there might be some issue with my laptop? What do you think?

I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong with the Dell support center 3.0. actually even I had installed the same and had tried running the mentioned test. In my case my laptop used to get freeze while running the test and I wasn’t able to pass any of the test. I had to force the laptop to shutdown every time after running the test, I had tried running the test several times and had tried out uninstalling and reinstalling support center 3.0 a couple of times. No matter what my laptop used to get freeze after running their prescribed test, currently I have uninstalled the support center software and I am not using it any more. If you want then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the software and see if you are getting any luck with it.

Even I think that there is something wrong with the dell support center 3.0 software. I mean even though it is giving me warning message I am not having single issue with my laptop. Anyways I am happy that my laptop has Hard Drive Tests and System Boards Tests, God knows what’s wrong with this software. My laptop is not freezing as that of in your case but it is just that it is not able to pass MultiCore Test. I have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but I am still getting that warning message for MultiCore Test. I am not running the test anymore but will like to know if anyone is aware of any solution that I can try out for passing MultiCore Test.