Thread: Getting white screen on facebook on Sony Xperia ion

Getting white screen on facebook on Sony Xperia ion

I am having Sony Xperia ion and whenever I am trying to open facebook then I am getting a white screen for some seconds. The initial page of Facebook takes time to load and even the pictures doesn’t gets loaded until I scroll over them few times. I just wanted to know if this is an issue with the Facebook page or my phone. Any ideas ?

Re: Getting white screen on facebook on Sony Xperia ion

I don’t think that there might be anything wrong with Facebook, I am not facing any such issue with my Sony Xperia ion. I think that you might not be getting proper signal because of which the page is not getting loaded completely. If you want then you can try rebooting your phone and check out if that’s making any difference. Just make sure that you are having strong signal in your phone while you are using Facebook application. If that doesn’t help then you will have to try out restoring the phone to factory defaults. There are possibilities that you might have installed some updated which might have ruined the application.

I have tried rebooting the phone several times but I am not getting any help from the same. I have tried updating the Facebook app thinking that it might make any difference but no avail. I don’t think there is any issue with the network as other applications are working fine. The issue seems to be with Facebook only. Is there anything else that I need to check out? I want to get it working somehow as it is really irritating to wait all the time for the pages to get loaded completely. Sometimes I have to refresh the page a couple of times just to see the pictures as they appear grey even when the page gets loaded.

I don’t know what the issue all about is but I was not facing the same issue before. It started all of a sudden, I think there is something wrong with the facebook application of the phone. I have tried installing updated for the app and have tried uninstalling it as well but that’s not appearing to be making any difference. I think that we will need another update for fixing this issue. Anyways if anyone gets any update on this issue then please let me know as well.

I have just checked out regarding this issue and have come across many people facing the same. Some of them have mentioned that they have fixed the flashing picture and white screen issue by updating their phone firmware to the leaked 4.0. I am not sure if it is actually ending the issue as I haven’t tried it out myself but few people have confirmed that it is helping. If you want then you can try out the same and post back if your issue is getting solved.

Yes I can confirm the same, just two days ago I was facing the same white screen and image flashing issue. I had tried doing hard reset, restoring the phone to factory defaults, rebooting the phone several times, uninstalling and reinstalling updates but they were just not helping. Later while looking after a fix for this issue I came across one suggesting me to update the Firmware of my phone to leaked 4.0. Version. I did the same and I was really surprised to see that there is no more white screen and image flashing.