Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot send MMS via Sony Xperia ion, stucked in queue

Portable Devices

Old 07-08-2012

Cannot send MMS via Sony Xperia ion, stucked in queue

I am having Sony Xperia ion and I am having a weird issue with its mms functionality, I am not having any issue in receiving mms but whenever I am trying to send a mms then it just sits in queue for sending and doesnít gets delivered. I have checked out the network and there is nothing wrong with that, I am not having any issues in sending normal text message, the issue is just while sending mms. Any idea what might be wrong? My network provider is ATT.

Old 07-08-2012

Re: Cannot send MMS via Sony Xperia ion, stucked in queue

I am encountering the same issue but is a bit different from yours, in my case I am neither able to receive or send mms. The network bar is full and I have tried out deleting the mms and sending it again after recreating it but no avail. I have tried doing that several times but havenít been able to send a single mms, it is just sitting in queue for sending just as you have mentioned. Other than this I have tried rebooting the phone and have tried switching the profiles but no matter what I am trying I am not getting any help. Even my network provider is ATT, I will like to know if there is anything that I can try from my end to fix this.
Old 08-08-2012

Are you both having the below mms apn configured in your phone for ATT?
  • APN: wap.cingular
  • Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
  • Port: 80
  • Username: <not set>
  • Password: <not set>
  • Server: <not set>
  • MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
  • MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
  • MMS Port: 80
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 410
  • Authentication type: <not set>
  • APN type: mms
Old 08-08-2012

Yes I am having the same thing but thatís not appearing to be helping, I am still not able to receive or send any mms, is there something else that I need to configure?? Further help regarding the same will be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2012

Can you just try out the below steps and check out if it is working?
  • When your phone is turned on just Hold Volume Up + Power, now the phone will shut down for a restart and will vibrate once
  • Continue holding those buttons until the phone vibrates thrice, after vibrating three times the phone will get shut down completely
  • Now restart the phone and try sending mms, it should not get sent and you should receive your pending mms as well
Just give it a try and let me know the response you get, best of luck.
Old 08-08-2012

Guys I have checked about the same and I think that I am having a temporary solution for you. If you want then you can try downloading and installing an android app called GO SMS Pro from google play and configure it with above apn settings. I havenít used that app but while looking after a solution for this issue I have come across one mentioning that he was able to send and receive message after using GO SMS Pro on ATT network.
Old 08-08-2012

Have you all tried using the below apn setting?
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <not set>