Thread: Need Jelly Bean or any Custom ROM for Funbook

Need Jelly Bean or any Custom ROM for Funbook

Hey have any one of you guys used Funbook ? I am using the same since last 4 months and it is yet with the same Ice Cream Sandwich. Not even a minor update since its release. So, now i am fed. I need Jelly bean but as far as i know it is impossible to get it so soon for Funbook.

Hence, i would like to know whether there is any such custom rom for the same? If it is there, please give me download link and also let me know how to install the same. Thank you.

Re: Need Jelly Bean or any Custom ROM for Funbook

Nope, there is no signs of Jelly Bean update for Micromax Funbook in the near future. Also i think Funbook will never get official Jelly Bean update because the hardware used in Funbook is not capable for running the same. Am not sure about this but i guess so. But yeah, there are few custom roms available for Funbook too. The one i have tested on my friends Tablet is "Fun Series v3.0". Its quite good with some new features. The best part i like about this ROM is we get Bluetooth access with funbook using external bluetooth dongle. So, if you want test it too, download it now and install.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    If it is there, please give me download link and also let me know how to install the same. Thank you.
    Well installing custom roms are very hectic job and need expertise. If you are aware or have done such tasks in past than follow the below steps:

• First download Fun Series v3.0 from above given download url.
    • Save it somewhere on your tablets SD Card. Save it where it can be located easily.
    • Now reboot the tab and press volume up+volume down+power key together to boot in recovery console.
    • Now wipe out cache. Go to Advance menu and Wipe dalvik cache as well.
    • Now go back to the main recovery home page and select install zip from SD Card.
    • Locate the download file and select.
    • Wait for few minutes, let the system install the custom firmware.
    • Reboot the device and you are done.

Nice information guys. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to say that i have installed Fun Series v3.0 on my Tab, it is good but not so impressive. Only the best of this ROM is you get Bluetooth feature on your tab. So, i want to know is there any other custom ROM for Funbook apart from this ? We have so many firmwares for various smartphones, can't we install those on Funbook ?