Thread: Will i get OTA update after rooting the device

Will i get OTA update after rooting the device

As you all might be knowing, now a days each and every Android device gets rooted to increase its performance and to end the limitations. So, offcourse, i am also one of those users. having few android gadgets and now want to root them all. Now as related to my title above, i want to know if i root my Android device (any device, any model) will i get OTA update in future ? Any other dis-advantages with updates after rooting the device ? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Will i get OTA update after rooting the device

Yes, sure you will get OTA update Notifications yet after rooting the device. But if you want to update the device through OTA, your rooting process will become useless. Because OTA removes rooting and replace the system with original firmware.

Hence, you need to worry about any one of these things, either root or do OTA updates.

Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    Hence, you need to worry about any one of these things, either root or do OTA updates.
    Damn, that seems a problem. So what will you suggest me, should i root my device or not ?

AFAIK, rooting is necessary for Android devices, right ? if yes how can we update it later if required ? Pleas help.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGlenn View Post
    Damn, that seems a problem. So what will you suggest me, should i root my device or not ?

AFAIK, rooting is necessary for Android devices, right ? if yes how can we update it later if required ? Pleas help.
    There is nothing worry dude, dont forget you are using Android. There are millions of very useful apps. In above you can use an application called Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. Once you install this app, no matter you are updating your device with OTA, it will keep your root as it is after the update as well. Voodoo OTA RootKeeper is completely free, if you want you can download it from here.