Thread: Will i get Jelly Bean Update for First Karbonn Smart Tab 1

Will i get Jelly Bean Update for First Karbonn Smart Tab 1

Let me make it clear why i mentioned FIRST smart tab 1, it is because you might be knowing Karboon launched an ICS tablet with the name "Smart Tab 1" a month ago and few days ago they launched again the same tablet "Smart Tab 1" with Jelly Bean, as mentioned here as well Karbonn Smart Tab 1 tablet launched with Jelly Bean for Rs. 6,990 . Interestingly along with the same Name, both prices were same too. Anyways, i bought the Smart Tab 1 a month ago with ICS, now as they rolled out the same tablet with Jelly Bean, is it possible to install Jelly Bean on the earlier version ? Are they going to officially launch JB update for the same ?

Re: Will i get Jelly Bean Update for First Karbonn Smart Tab 1

Yes it would offcourse have been very disappointing for the users who bought Smart Tab 1 a month ago with ICS at the same price that comes with Jelly Bean now . But the good news is that Karbonn company has announced that that they will release the Jelly Bean update for the earlier tab as well because those tablet too have MIPS based JZ4770 SoC that is actually compatible Jelly Bean but the update will take time to reach these devices.

As far as i know both Smart Tab 1 with ICS and Jelly bean are having exactly the same configuration. There is no change except the operating system. So, if one is having Jelly Bean, other will be surely compatible with the same. Infact, i guess they would have rolled out the updates by now. Did you tried checking via OTA ? If not do it now, i guess it should be out for the earlier version of Smart Tab as well.

I dont know why people are so excited to get the Jelly Bean update As per me Ice Cream Sandwich is the best OS (after the most stable Gingerbread). There are still many apps those dont work properly on JB, developers still updating their apps for making it compatible with JB. So, i think people should still remain with ICS for the next few months.