Thread: Sony Xperia ion randomly freezes

Sony Xperia ion randomly freezes

I own Sony Xperia ion which I have bought a week ago and today I have encountered random freezes. It worked fine for a week, don’t know what went wrong with the same, I had not bought a phone with non-removable battery before and now after facing freezing issue I am regretting over it. The freezing occurs randomly and it is not specific to any task, I mean sometimes it gets freeze when I am surfing and sometimes when I am listening music or carrying out other task. I have to reboot the phone pressing power button +volume up button to get it working every time but the issue continues after that. Is there anything that I can do for ending the freezing issue rather than visiting the service center??

Re: Sony Xperia ion randomly freezes

It happened in my case as well but doing a hard reset by pressing power button +volume up had solved out the issue. In my case it used to happen while gaming, later I found that there were some applications running in the background which were eating more rams leading the phone to get freeze. After closing those applications my phone has stopped freezing and I am not having any issue with it anymore. I am not sure if you might be having the same case but just make sure that there are only few applications running in the background and see if that’s helping you out as well or not.

It happened in my case as well but doing a hard reset by pressing power button +volume up had solved out the issue. In my case it used to happen while gaming, later I found that there were some applications running in the background which were eating more rams leading the phone to get freeze. After closing those applications my phone has stopped freezing and I am not having any issue with it anymore. I am not sure if you might be having the same case but just make sure that there are only few applications running in the background and see if that’s helping you out as well or not.

Yes,if the issue persists after restoring your phone to factory defaults then there are possibilities of hardware fault. Even I am having a Sony Xperia ion and I haven’t faced anything like that, I do have applications running in the background and I game at the same time but my phone haven’t froze a single time by now.

I personally doubt it to be because of too much applications running in the background, while checking out regarding this issue I have come across most of people mentioning the same. So first try closing un- necessary applications running in the background and if that doesn’t help then you can proceed restoring the phone to its factory setting.