Thread: How can I install Root certificates on my Nokia Asha touch mobile?

How can I install Root certificates on my Nokia Asha touch mobile?

I have bought Nokia Asha 303 recently and when I am trying to access my mails then I am getting an error message saying “SSL Certificate is not trusted” I don’t know what went wrong with the certificate. Things were working fine before but it appears as if the certificate has been deleted somehow. I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can reinstall that Root certificate and get rid of the error that I am getting every time?? Help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

Re: How can I install Root certificates on my Nokia Asha touch mobile?

In that case you can try out anyone of the below solution:

Downloading from remote server via Asha mobile browser:
    For installing the Entrust certificate or root certificate just click here and install it directly in your phone.

If you want to use this certificate on file delivery server then you should place the certificate file on a remote server accessible from where it can be accessible to others. Just make sure that your web delivery servers are configured for delivering *.cer files with mime-type: "application/x=x509-ca-cert".

Side-loading using your computer:

You can open your computer browser go to the Outlook Web access site of your Exchange Server and click on lock icon near the address bar.

After clicking on the "lock icon" you will come across “view certificates”, so just click on the same, now when you get another window opened then click on "certification path”, make sure that you are selecting the top most root certificate and then click on view certificate.

In new window click on “Details tab” and then on “Copy to a file”, when you get directed to “Certificate Export Wizard” then click on next. Make sure that the Export File Format is DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) and click on next.
    Now browse to a location for saving the certificate in your computer and click on finish. If everything goes well then you will get a message saying “export was successful”

Once you have exported the certificate in your system you will now have to create an html file format for the certificate. In order to do the same Open notepad and type the below things:
    <HTML><BODY><a href="FileName.cer">Install certificate</a></BODY></HTML>
    Now click on save as and rename the file as FileName.html, after that use one of the htm files in this zip file and transfer both in your phone after connecting it to your computer using usb.

So now when your phone will ask you for the file then just open HTML file (FileName.html) and select the link for installing and saving the certificate.