Thread: Nokia Asha 300 wont update properly

Nokia Asha 300 wont update properly

I have been using Nokia Asha 300 and today I have tried updating its firmware to v07.44 through Nokia Suite and I did not had any issue while updating it. After the update when I checked out the applications then I found them to be at the older version, none of the built in applications have got updated. I don’t think that I have missed out anything, the update was quite successful, I am not having any problem in using any of the application but as far as I am aware they should have got updated as well. Can this be an issue with my phone or there is something wrong with firmware version v07.44?? Has anyone tried updating it by now??

Re: Nokia Asha 300 wont update properly

Are you quite sure that you have updated the software successfully, I don’t think the application will show older version if you have updated the phone software. Just check out in the Settings> Phone and see if it says v07.44. If it doesn’t then you have not yet updated the firmware properly and you will have to try out the whole process again. Just check it out and let me know for further help.

I am quite sure that I have updated it successfully; I mean Nokia Suite says the same. I have checked out in Settings> Phone and I see v07.44, do you need any further confirmation?? Nokia browser is still at version 1.0.2 whereas according to v07.44 it should be v1.5. It seems as if it is a bug in firmware version v07.44 but I want to clarify it from one who might have tried updating to the same and faced similar issue.

That’s weird, there can be some issue with firmware version v07.44, anyways I have found that there is a newer version available which is v07.49. You can try updating to the same and see if things goes file. If you still face the same issue then better contact Nokia support and check out what they have to say about the same.

I have now tried updating to firmware version v07.49 but unfortunately the issue is still the same. Nokia Suite is not giving any error and the update is appearing to be successfully but when I am checking applications information, I see them displaying older version. Now I am doubting my phone, I mean how can both v07.44 and v07.49 firmware version react so. I don’t know why but am feeling as if there is something wrong going with Nokia suite. I will contact Nokia support and will find out what heck is going on with my phone.

I have tried updating my Asha 300 to both v07.44 and v07.49 and will like to inform you that there is nothing wrong with the phone. It’s with their firmware, I think there’s probably a bug in their software. Even I doubted my phone previously and hard tried out restoring the phone to factory default as well but there was no avail. Every time I used to update my phone to any of these firmware versions the process used to go smoothly without any error but at the end the application dint appeared to be updated. Later when I was looking after a fix for this issue I found that there is something wrong with these firmware versions. Some people have reported the same to Nokia support and their officials have responded saying that they have reproduced the issue at their end and will come up with a fix soon. I don’t think there is anything we will be able to try out further rather than waiting for their fix, I will let you know if I come across further update on this issue.