Thread: Software Update problems in Lumia 800

Software Update problems in Lumia 800

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 phone with me and I have been using it from past week. After using it for some days, I thought of updating the software of this phone for better working. But when trying to update, the process failed and I am still using the phone with old software in it. I have researched for the solution of this problem on website of Nokia. But only answer to this problem I found was that not all service providers will approve the update for Nokia Lumia 800. Can someone tell me if there is any other way for updating the software of this phone?

Re: Software Update problems in Lumia 800

I know that this problem persists in Nokia Lumia 800 that many people use. Many people have complained of this problem and there is still no reply or answer from Nokia. I too tried updating the software and at first I got replies saying that the country I live in is not counted under regions where update will be provided. Also I got notification saying that pin code that I entered is not valid. But still I started downloading the update. But the problem is that this update is tuck on starting of download without any progress. I have sent email to the manufacturers but never got any reply.

I have been following the updates for Nokia Lumia 800 since many days and I have found that problem in non availability of the update has rendered us two updates back. I have tried updating the software of my Nokia Lumia 800 by connecting it to the PC that has Zune installed on it. It didn’t help so I tried using PC with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 on it. But every of these devices failed to download the updates for my Nokia Lumia 800. I have even tried using Mac OS X but still failed. Not just I have tried for updating my Nokia Lumia 800 using various operating systems, but also using various networks with internet connections.

Actually the problem of the new verison of software not being updated is because the existing software in Nokia Lumia 800 is faulty. It is a known fact and even the people at Nokia Service centre know about it very well. I took my Nokia Lumia 800 to the nearest Nokia Service Centre and they took it for few hours. After that period, I got my phone back with updated software all for free. I think that people who want their Nokia Lumia 800 with updated software should take their phones to Nokia Service Centre and get things sorted out. Also with this new update, the battery life of my Nokia Lumia 800 has improved to a level that is noticeable.

I took my Nokia Lumia 800 to the nearest Nokia Service Centre and they took it for few hours. After that period, I got my phone back with updated software all for free. I think that people who want their Nokia Lumia 800 with updated software should take their phones to Nokia Service Centre and get things sorted out.
    Updating the software on Nokia Lumia 800 will lead to erasing of all the data from the phone. The operating system of the phone will be like out of the box. So it is better to have all the contacts, messages, calendar notes, Gmail and other accounts password synchronized with the PC software for this phone. Also all the personal data from the phone will be erased due to it. One should make a complete backup of data before getting the software of Nokia Lumia 800 updated.