Thread: How is the battery life of Nokia Asha touch series

How is the battery life of Nokia Asha touch series

I am willing to get one from Nokia Asha touch series but I haven’t made my choice, I have heard that Nokia Asha touch series phones are not having good battery life, I have come across many people saying that. I have got varying answers, is there anyone who can clarify this? Rather than calling I use my phone for browsing and some applications like whatsapp most of the time. So I need a phone with good battery life, Asha touch series seems to be good but like I have mentioned I am having doubt regarding it battery life.

Re: How is the battery life of Nokia Asha touch series

There’s nothing like that, I have recently bought Asha 305 and I haven’t felt that it is not having a poor battery life. You might have come across people with defective battery or phone. Even I use my phone mostly for surfing and for applications like facebook and whatsapp but I can get it working throughout the day. Its battery life last for around 24 hours, I just charged it once a day and it goes on for the entire day. Anyways there are some tips that you can follow for saving the battery life, if you want then you can go through them.

Avoid using Multimedia Applications - There are number of web applications and I have seen people trying the ones that are of no use, so you can avoid that and use the ones that you actually need.

Proper charging – You should not charge your phone again and again, one should charge when it is actually required. I do the same I don’t charge my phone unless it is battery is closed to get drained completely.

Brightness and wallpaper – You can reduce the Brightness of your phone to a point you are comfortable, there is no point of having the brightness of the phone high. Try decent wallpapers ones without animation and ones that won’t consume much power.

Lock Your Phone when not in use - You should lock the phone when it is not in use, this can help in securing your phone and will help in saving a bit of your battery life as well.

I follow the same and I am quite happy with the phone.

I am planning to get Asha 311, hope your tips go for that as well. Anyways I don’t think that everyone whom I have come across might be having a defective battery or phone. Don’t know why but I have hardly come across people saying that battery life of Asha touch series is good. I do like the phone and I will get it soon as well and I hope your words come true.

No doubt, I don’t think you will run in to battery issue unless you get a faulty piece. If you want then you can get your phone from respected online stores in your region that provides refund to the customer if they are not happy with the product. I think that will be a better idea in your case, I mean if you don’t find yourself satisfied with the battery life of the phone then you can get your money back and get some other phone of your choice.

I will say get it without any doubt, compared to the other nokia touch series phones, Nokia Asha 311 has longest battery life:
    • Average Talk Time - 7.00 hours
    • Average Maximum Standby Time - 711 hours

You can follow the below battery saving tips for Nokia Asha 311:
    1. Screen Brightness – Decrease screen brightness to the lowest possible as they consume more battery
    2. Wireless Connectivity – Turn off functions like 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS when not in use, switching from 3G to 2G whenever possible in such cases will boost the battery life.
    3. Background Tasks – Turn off the apps running in the background when not in use
    4. Haptic Feedback - Turn off Haptic Feedback which is nothing but slight vibration when touching the screen of the phone, it feels good to keep it on but on the other hand it consumes battery and is hardy of any use.
    5. Using Apps – There are a no of applications now days that people tend to use and let it access data via internet throughout the day even though they use it for some hours. Closing such apps when not required can save quite amount of battery.