Thread: What is new in Wammy Ethos ICS tablet pc

What is new in Wammy Ethos ICS tablet pc

Hi, as far as I know Wickedleak had launched their Wammy plus Tab just 2 weeks ago and today I saw news that they launched one more tablet called Wammy Ethos. Two new tabs in just 2 weeks. Anyways, I was searching for a tab for my kid, and hence should be in budget. So I had few choices including Funbook, Wishtel and Wammy Plus. But this new release has confused me again. So before I make my decision on any one of these, I would like to what the company has built extra in the new Wammy Ethos? Is there any improvement compared to Wammy Plus? Also is it better than Funbook and Wishtel ? Please let me know soon. Thank you.

Re: What is new in Wammy Ethos ICS tablet pc

Well there is nothing new in Wammy Ethos. Infact they have just removed the removed the rear camera from this tab, which was actually present in Wammy Plus. Rests all are equal to the Wammy Plus. There is the same 7 inch touchscreen display running with Android Ice cream Sandwich. This too is powered by 1.2GHZ A10 processor and 512MB RAM. There is a Mini USB and HDMI slot that was also present in Wammy Plus. Here also you get built-in sim slot that allows you to make phone calls and send/receive SMS. You can also use 3G using the same. B

ut if you ask me which one to choose from Wammy Plus and Wammy Ethose, I will suggest you go with Wammy Ethos because it is better in terms of Budget. Where Wammy Plus costs you 11500/-, you can get Ethos for just rupees 9000/-. You save upto 22% and it just cost you a rear camera. I mean if you pay 11500/- for Wammy plus you will just a rear camera extra. And I don’t think rear camera is so much important in such tablets. You have cell phones for capturing images, right ?

Yeah, you seem to be correct. Also am buying this for my 6 year old kid and I don’t think he requires camera. Front camera is enough in case making video calls of video chat. So, conclusion is Wammy Plus is better than Wammy Ethos. Thank you.

But now I would also like to know Which would be better if Wammy Plus compared with Funbook and Wishtel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Yeah, you seem to be correct. Also am buying this for my 6 year old kid and I don’t think he requires camera. Front camera is enough in case making video calls of video chat. So, conclusion is Wammy Plus is better than Wammy Ethos. Thank you.

But now I would also like to know Which would be better if Wammy Plus compared with Funbook and Wishtel ?
    Well dude, comparing above 3 tabs, I’ll surely vote for Funbook. There are many reasons for that. First, Micromax is one of the reputed manufacturers in gadgets. Second, I have used many low cost tablets including Ubislate Akash, HCL ME U1, and WishTel Ira. But I loved using Funbook because of its touch sensitive display. It has the best touchscreen compared to other low budget tabs. Third, you get all these in just 6500/- INR. It is worth compared to others.

And most of all, you get Flash in Funbook that is missing in all the above listed tabs. It could be surprising to listen that even Google Nexus Tab doesn’t has Flash but you get it in Funbook. So, decision is yours which one you wanna buy but I’ll strongly suggest you to better go with Funbook. OR, add one more in your Choice list, that is iBerry Auxus AX02. It costs just 8000/- with Flash, 3G and Ice Cream Sandwich.

Wammy Ethos has bluetooth but does not support GPS. Whereas Wammy Plus supports GPS but does not support bluetooth. Wammy Plus has a dual camera too. Otherwise both the tablets are worth its respective price..

I think Wammy Ethos would be a better choice over funbook as it has got the calling,sms and bluetooth functionality...Or one can always go with Wammy 7 with a chipset better than funbook and also economical at 6k..

Quote Originally Posted by vigs2010 View Post
    Wammy Ethos has bluetooth but does not support GPS. Whereas Wammy Plus supports GPS but does not support bluetooth. Wammy Plus has a dual camera too. Otherwise both the tablets are worth its respective price..

I think Wammy Ethos would be a better choice over funbook as it has got the calling,sms and bluetooth functionality...Or one can always go with Wammy 7 with a chipset better than funbook and also economical at 6k..
    How are the touch precision of the Wammy tablets? Can any custom rom be installed in it without any headache? I wonder, since it already comes with ICS preinstallined, but later on it couldnt be upgraded to any other android operating system that launches in the near future. Hence we will have to rely on its version only?