Thread: Samsung Omnia M released just for Rs.18000

Samsung Omnia M released just for Rs.18000

I just heard in news that this phone is released in India for Rs.18000 something. But different websites are showing up different type of price. Some says this will be fore Rs.16000 while some say it will be around Rs.19000. Pricing does not much matter, as we can assume from the following information that it will lie between Rs.15000 to Rs.19000. I though Samsung was planing to release Galaxy S III. What does this phone features. Is there any exception of getting Galaxy S III soon.

Re: Samsung Omnia M released just for Rs.18000

It is right that price on different web differ from each other. So this looks that the price is an kind of assumption. I had tried to find the same model on official website of Samsung but there is nothing much mentioned.

There is no right specification available about this phone. I found this information from various sites. I had too tried to find the phone information on Samsung site, but they had not yet official provided information on the same. Anyhow this will be another android phone. But no one has told that this will be on Gingerbread or ICS. I am trying to locate the same information. But I found certain glimpse of its hardware. It has a 4" screen size with 1Ghz processor. There is some 4Gb internal storage inside the phone.

There were rumors that Samsung is working on some windows phone also. I hope this is not that one. But if still this is a windows phone, then I would love to stay behind. Unlike other phone this also has a 3G connectivity with Bluetooth. There is a 5 megapixel camera on the phone offer you clear photo quality. I hope this phone has a good battery which can provide long hours of usage. The cost looks a bit high, but that actually depends on the features.

Go on Samsung mobile site. The phone is listed on it and there you can find completely details of software and hardware specs. This is a windows phone not android.

Here is the right and detailed phone specification. It is right, this phone does has Android. It is working on Windows Phone 7.5 Tango.

• 10.16 cms AMOLED touchscreen with 480 x 800 (WVGA) resolution
    • Windows Phone 7.5 Tango
    • 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 2.1, 2G & 3G
    • 1,500mAh battery offering Up to 760minutes (2G)/470minutes (3G) of Taltime and Up to 530hours (2G)/420hours (3G) of standby time.
    • 5.0 MP CMOS Camera with LED flash and Auto Focus
    • 1GHz CPU
    • USB 2.0 Connectivity

As you can see above the phone specs. There is nothing new here. It is a Windows Phone 7.5. I am not sure about the interface of Tango. But as it is new, it would be better. If you love Windows phone then you can surely go for the same. The internal memory other than this is around 4GB I think. The specs sheets says nothing the same. The phone is better for chatting and web surfing. It has a nice and clean interface. The phone has a slim design with Xbox Live support.

Quote Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
    As you can see above the phone specs. There is nothing new here. It is a Windows Phone 7.5. I am not sure about the interface of Tango. But as it is new, it would be better. If you love Windows phone then you can surely go for the same. The internal memory other than this is around 4GB I think. The specs sheets says nothing the same. The phone is better for chatting and web surfing. It has a nice and clean interface. The phone has a slim design with Xbox Live support.
    I also thought that was a Android. But this was a bit surprised to find that Samsung released a windows phone. I will better for Samsung Galaxy S3. Is there any update on the same.

I do not understand about which Samsung Galaxy S III you guys are talking about. The phone is released and the cost is Rs. 38,480. Compared to that Omnia M is much cheaper. SIII has Android 4.0 (ICS) and a wide HD screen. It is one of the high end models in market. The phone supports 3G, 4.0LE Bluetooth, DLNA, etc.

It has a higher battery capacity to give you more longer life. It has two cameras. One is 8 megapixel on the rear and 1.9 MP at the front. It offers you a clear image quality and it is much better device. Somehow it is worth spending on device like Galaxy S3. It offers a much better output. This can be the first phone which has Android 4.0. I had tried to locate some branded products with ICS but there are very less. And already Samsung Galaxy S2 is quiet a good hit in market. The best part of this device is that it has 16Gb internal storage capacity. That is quiet more than enough for your multimedia files. Check the phone detail on official site.

Compared to Galaxy S3, Omnia M is somehow lower. For those who love Android, Windows Phone will never be a choice. There are two more models out which is Samsung Galaxy Beam and Ace Duos.

I found Omnia M a bit costly. For those who love Windows interface can check this phone. Compared to Android this platform has less number of apps. I had used Nokia Lumia, which was a better mobile. I am not saying that Android is much better, but to some extent it is very user friendly. And the type of app support that you get on that make your job much more easier.

While windows phone is best for professional work. You can check mails, surf web and do number of social networking stuff on the same.

I would prefer to stuck with Galaxy S3. I was waiting for this device and this was finally released. The price of Galaxy 3 is very high. Does this will be dropping in coming time.