Thread: Nokia Asha 302 keeps on restarting

Nokia Asha 302 keeps on restarting

My dad gifted me Nokia Asha 302 on my birthday and I was just loving the phone. Everything was working fine by now but suddenly it has started restarting automatically, when it had happened for the first time I tried ignoring it but now it happens 5 to 6 times a day. I have tried rebooting the phone several times and have taken out the battery of the same as well but that did not help. Can there be any hardware issue? Is there any solution that I can try out to fix this issue?

Re: Nokia Asha 302 keeps on restarting

It can be due to hardware issue but that’s too early coming to that point. I just wanted to know if you have tried performing a master reset? If not then you can give it a try and see if the issue is getting solved or not. For performing master reset you can refer to the below steps:

1. First press Menu and then scroll to Settings, after that scroll to Restore factory settings and select restore all.
    2. Now press Cont and then enter Security code. If you have not changed the Security code then it will be 12345 by default.
    3. Just make sure that you are backing up everything before performing the above result as it will be deleting all your personal data.

I have tried out removing the applications that I had recently installed but that was not appearing to be making any difference. The phone was still restarting on its own, sometime when I used to use it and sometime when it is kept still. I have now tried restoring the phone to factory setting and even that’s not helping. The issue has started suddenly so I am not able to make out what is causing the same, I am not very sure but it appears as if there is some kind of hardware issuer with the phone probably at the battery side.

Before trying out master reset I just wanted to know if you have installed any application recently. Actually I had come across one who was facing similar issue and in his case it has started after installing some applications. Later after removing those applications everything was fine, so just try out the same and see if you are getting any help from it. If that does not help then you can very well try out restoring your phone to factory settings, best of luck.

Have you tried inspecting the connection between the battery and the phone, I mean hope you have made sure that there is no loose connection and all. My Samsung used to do the same but it was luckily due to a loose connection and not any kind of hardware issue. Just fitting a small piece of paper did the trick for me and since then the phone did not restarted on its own. Just check it out and see if you are facing same case as that of me. Other than this I also wanted to add that if you are having similar Nokia battery then test your phone with that to make sure if there is something wrong with the phone or battery.

No there is nothing like that, I have inspected the battery and it does not appear as if there is a loose connection anywhere. I have tried cleaning the golden fins of the battery as well as phone to make sure that they are having a clear contact but no avail. I have tried out using similar Nokia battery as well but no matter what I am trying it is reacting in the same way. God only know what’s is going on with it, I am just feeling like getting a replacement for it, anyways I will get it checked form the service center and will find out what the hell was wrong with it.