Thread: how can i know if my Asha 302 is connected with 3G or WiFi

how can i know if my Asha 302 is connected with 3G or WiFi

Few days ago i bought Asha 302 as a secondary phone. Well the phone is really worth at such a low price. Anyway, i am having some problem with internet connection and need a few info about the same. As you all know now a days there are many internet applications that we need in our day to day activities such as Whats app, Push email , etc. Now the problem is that i use to be in WiFi range as well as have a 3G Vodafone connection. How can i come to know whether am connected to 3G or WiFi on Asha 302 ? There is no such symbol.

Re: how can i know if my Asha 302 is connected with 3G or WiFi

As far as i know, when you are connected on 3G data, your mobile should show a sign of 3G or H. And if you are connected to wifi, it will show up a an icon of 4 boxes. Am not sure about this but this is how it works on many of the Nokia devices. Can you tell me what symbol you can see on your phone ?

Till, than another way to find out if where you are connected is to go to the settings, connection, access point and try to edit your 3G access point. If it is in use, you will get an error saying you cannot edit this access point because it is in use. Try this, hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion Shikhar. I tried as you said and found that my phone was connected with 3G because there was a symbol of H and also I was not able to edit the access point. Now this is ridiculous. Though I am in WiFi zone my 3G data is in use. There are few apps installed on my phones like whatsapp and Numbuzz that use to be connected and they are not switching to WiFi when available.

Isn’t there any way we these apps to switch to WiFi when available? Or any way to turn off 3G whenever I am in WiFi Zone ?

In my Android mobile there is an option to turn off packet data. I simply turn it off when i use to be in WiFi zone. That makes me identify whether am on WiFi or 3G. I dont think there is any such option in Nokia or atleast in Asha 302. But you can do it manually (it will be really hectic for you) every time when you are entering WiFi zone. You will need to make your phone offline, than go to Access Points and make some changes in your 3G access point so that it wont connect. Now come out of the offline mode, search for WiFi access point and connect.