Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX can connect to wifi-N but cannot access internet

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX can connect to wifi-N but cannot access internet

I have bought a Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX and I am having a weird issue with it, it is that the phone is getting connected to the wifi easily but I am not able to access internet. I have tried rebooting the phone several times and have tried connecting it to my home network but it does the same every time. It shows that it is connected to the wifi but no avail, can there be anything wrong with the phone because I don’t think there is anything wrong with the home network at my place. I have tested it out using other Smartphone’s and they appeared working well. The issue is just with my RAZR MAXX. Any suggestion what might be wrong??

Re: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX can connect to wifi-N but cannot access internet

It may seem that there is nothing wrong with the router but there can be some incompatibility issue with the latest phone. I think you should try updating the firmware of your router first and test your phone again. If that does not makes any difference then you can try out updating your phone software. If both these things doesn’t help then you there might be something wrong with the wifi of the phone and you will have to get it checked.

You can try restoring your DROID RAZR MAXX to factory default and see if that’s ending the issue. For restoring RAZR MAXX there are two methods and they are as followed, just make sure that you are backing up data like system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications before trying out the below steps as they will be getting erased.

Method 1:
    From Home screen select Apps > Settings > Privacy and Select Factory Data Reset> and then Reset phone. Before it erases everything you will be prompted for current lock pattern that you might have entered. So enter the same and let the process start and end.

Method 2:
    Turn off your phone and Press and hold Power button. Release the Power button once the device screen goes blank but continue to hold Volume Up / down until you get the Boot Mode Selection Menu.
    Now after getting the selection menu Press Volume Down for selecting Recovery and then press Volume Up / Down simultaneously.
    After that Select wipe data / factory reset and press Power button, now use Volume keys for navigating and selecting yes.
    Once all the user data gets deleted then press the Power button and reboot your phone.

Just try it out and let me know if the issue is getting solved by any of the above method.

I think there is something wrong with the phone itself, I have tried restoring the phone a couple of times but it is not taking any effect. It is still responding in the same way, I have checked out regarding this issue in other forums and have tried out further solutions like enabling ssid broadcast, changing channel, rebooting router, updating the router firmware and even updating the phone software but it is still not allowing accessing the internet. I am not getting any error as well, it just displays a white screen showing the url bar as if it is trying to load the page but nothing happens. God knows what’s wrong with the phone, I just feel like banging it .Anyways I will better get it checked from the service store tomorrow itself I really can sit dealing with this issue anymore.