Thread: What all hacks can be done on Nexus Q?

What all hacks can be done on Nexus Q?

I just purchased Nexus Q to use it at my home. After using it for some time, I found that it doesn’t provide many features like streaming of videos from NetFlix or playing .mkv format videos from computer. I think that since Nexus Q can be connected to computer using the MicroUSB cable, we can hack it to make it play videos from Netflix and that in .mkv format. What else hack are people planning for Nexus Q if possible?

Re: What all hacks can be done on Nexus Q?

Since Nexus Q can connect two or more Android Phones using its Wi-Fi, I think I will make an application or feature using which one can connect multiple players to play games on Android smartphones and tablets. It would be fun to play Pro Evolution Soccer on Nexus 7 that too in multiplayer mode. Also I would like to make the UI of Nexus 7 look like an interface for a tablet. At present, the Nexus 7 looks like an oversized smartphone rather than a tablet pc. I think that this is because of the UI and that is why I want to change it.

I would like to have mirrored screen on my Nexus 7 and on the computer to which the projector is connected. This would be helpful while giving presentation of the latest project in my office. I wouldn’t need to look back every time neither will I need to use the projector remote. I can just take a look in my tablet PC and answer the question. Also changing the slide would be easy as I would just have to swipe my finger on the screen. I think this hack will prove very useful not just for me but also for many people out there.

I would like to use my Nexus Q as a security device. I would like to have a camera on the door of my house which would be connected to the computer. Now the problem is that if someone knocks the door, I either have to go near the door and see in the screen that who is outside the door or I can switch on the computer screen and take a look outside. But if I could hack Nexus Q and I would stream the data from the camera outside the door in my Nexus 7. So even if I am in kitchen, I can take a look from the door camera. It would be awesome for security.