Thread: What is Smart Page in Opera Mini 7?

What is Smart Page in Opera Mini 7?

I have just installed Opera Mini 7 on my Nokia N8 and I have started using it. I was first confused to find a startup page different from the start page of previous versions of Opera Mini. The previous versions had many small logos of the websites we regularly need to visit. But now it is replaced by some large page which has many details like News, Social Network, Sports and many more. I am bit confused about how to use the new version of Opera Mini, that is Opera Mini 7. Can someone help me with the so called ‘Smart Page’ of Opera Mini 7?

Re: What is Smart Page in Opera Mini 7?

The Smart Page that you see in your Opera Mini 7 is actually consisting of two tabs. On top of the screen You will find a interchangeable tab with names as ‘Home’ and ‘Speed Dial’. The Speed Dial tab is the one which you are referring to which has numerous logos of the websites that you need to save as bookmarks. You can switch to the speed dial and see around eight small boxes in which you can add the favorite website that you want to visit. You can edit the existing icons to have different logos or maybe add another new website. This Speed Dial is now the part of Smart Page and this was the main page of previous versions of Opera Mini.

The Home section of the smart page has many sections which can be used for various purposes. The first section is for the ads by Opera itself. They will usually direct you to website of Opera or maybe to the Twitter or Facebook profile. The section is to preserve the sites that you regularly visit and also the history of the recently visited websites or web pages. The third section of this Smart Page is known as The Social Networks. Here in the options you can add your Twitter and Facebook account. The recent feeds that will appear on your Facebook wall or Twitter feed will be directly accessible from this section.

The Social Networks section is good as when you are busy, you won’t need to go inside these social networking websites completely to read the Facebook wall or Twitter feed. Once can directly read them on the Smart Page and get back to work. But again this section has its limitations like one cannot update status or tweet from here, large tweets or Facebook feeds will be shortened only to reveal some part of it.

Also there is no availability of other Social Networking sites like Google+ and FourSquare in this section. Another section you will find below the Social Networks section is the My News section. This section will also work as My Social Networks, but it will only give you latest feed from News websites.

The next section is where you can subscribe to news regarding various sections like Sports, Travel, health and many other categories. You can activate the subscription by giving the websites URL or by visiting the website which you want to add in this section. You will get the latest feed from them and then you can read them directly on your Smart Page. If you are reading or surfing some website and you need to go to the smart page directly. You can get into the menu and tap/click on the Opera logo.

The first option itself will take you directly on the Smart Page. Also you can use the ‘#4’ shortcut combo to jump directly to the Smart Page.

Since you are new to Opera Mini 7 and having problem in operating it, you can refer to this article. It will help you to understand Opera Mini 7 much better as it explains the Smart page and also the shortcuts along with some more details. Also here is another article which will help you configure the Smart Page according to your use and needs.