Thread: Is it worth to buy iPhone 3GS from Aircel fro Rs.9,999

Is it worth to buy iPhone 3GS from Aircel fro Rs.9,999

Many of us had seen this news recently in which Aircel is selling iPhone 3GS for Rs. 9,999.00. That is a great price for this phone. I want to know that is it worth to buy or not. I want a iPhone and I am sure I cannot get this price for new phone anywhere in the world. I am not aware about the plans and offer that Aircel is selling with the same. What I know that it is only for postpaid connection. So is there a compulsory plan or we can choose the best from our own choice. Thanks.

Re: Is it worth to buy iPhone 3GS from Aircel fro Rs.9,999

The new iPhone 3GS comes for Rs. 20,000.00 approx. While iPhone 4S comes for some Rs.40,000. So in short this is the best price given by Aircel. iPhone 3G is a old model. We have iPhone 4 and 4S here. Compared to Airtel, Aircel is giving the phone at more cheaper rate. If you buy the same from Airtel then you have to Rs. 20,900 for the same.

That is quiet a nice price. But the product comes with some additional charges also. It looks Aircel is testing the contract type selling method that usually we can see in US. In this method you can buy a branded phone from the telecom service provided on a contract basis. This is a very nice price. When you order the phone you have to buy a unlimited data usage package. This payment of this package is on yearly basis which will cost you Rs. 3,000/-.

Other than this on the official site I had seen postpaid and prepaid both plans. But I am confused that this iphone offer is available for pre-paid users also. Because on many website I had seen that Aircel is only selling the phone for postpaid connection. The advance rental that you pay allows you to have a unlimited web surfing. But this does looks like 3G. It can be the regular one. I am trying to find detailed information on the plan which are compulsory to buy with the phone. On that basis we can clarify to buy this phone or not.

There will be surely some additional cost. iPhone 3GS is a outdated model. It is still not found on Apple website. They are selling iPhone 4. Have a look on the plan detail on official site you will came to know about the same.

The actual cost of phone including a unlimited data usage plan will cost you Rs. 12,999/-. This price include a 12 months validity period and advance rental of rs.3000. The plan offer you unlimited 3G data usage. But there are not phone calls provided here. You have to buy extra talk time for that. iPhone usually cost you Rs.20,000 when you buy that directly. But Aircel is giving that on discounted price of Rs.12,999/-. There is a FUP applicable on the 3G plan.

Once your download limit exceeds to 2GB then the same is reduced to 128kbps. This is more than enough according to me. When your yearly contract expire you existing plan will migrate to Rs.499 rental plan and if you want to continue the existing one you have to recharge the phone with a topup of Rs.3000. I hope the plan they had mentioned will send a 0 bill every month. As this is a yearly payment there must not be any charges coming up in the bill.

I am having the same doubt. If we pay the amount yearly the does there will be a 0 month bill or yearly bill. I had tried to find the information on the site, but nothing mentioned. Is there a scheme for prepaid users also.

Yes there is a option for prepaid consumers also. But if you go for the prepaid stuff the phone price goes to Rs.19,999/-. While new comes for Rs.20,000. But when you buy with Aircel you get a 12 month validity and 2GB data usage every month on 3G. While if you buy a 2G plan then you will get talktime of Rs. 3000/-. The device cost on prepaid is Rs.17000 + Advance rental of Rs. 2999. One thing that I want to notify you clearly is, when you buy a postpaid plan there will be no zero rental bill.

Based on different charges you might have to pay some minimum amount. That depends on the company what they sending you. It can also included service tax.

There is a 199 plan for iPhone 3GS 8GB. That means if you buy this phone for Rs. 12,999/- you will get a monthly bill of Rs.199 (plus service tax). But this will be after 12 months. Because you had already paid the 3000Rs as advance rental for the whole year. This plan will provide you 200 free minutes, 200MB data usages on 3G, 2G data usage on 2G and 150 sms. This all are included in the 199 plan.

Thanks for that information. I was too looking for the same. I was too confused before buying this phone. Though iphone 3gs is a old model but apple products are awesome. And I am sure we are not going to get this phone anywhere at this price. Other than this Aircel also provides a 12 year validity and 3G usage. But it is sad to found that this the unlimited 3G Data usage is not provided for prepaid users.

I would love to go for the same. The highlights mention here is very helpful. Even in postpaid after a year you just need to pay Rs. 199 everymonth to continuse the existing plan. That is not bad at all.