Thread: Opera Mini 7 Update 1 for Nokia S60 Series

Opera Mini 7 Update 1 for Nokia S60 Series

Today somewhere i found a news saying there is Update 1 for Opera Mini 7. What is Update 1 ? Is it like 7.xx ? If yes, i would like to have it on my phone as well as i am really impressed with Mini 7 already except few problems like slow loading, no browsing while downloading something, etc. I hope they have fixed these problems in this update.

So please let me know if it is update 7.xx and also mention what improvements they have done in this update. Thank you

Re: Opera Mini 7 Update 1 for Nokia S60 Series

Yes, the update 1 means v7.xxx. When i updated my Mini 7 browser on my Nokia E63, i got version 7.0.3. It is much better than before. The problems you mentioned above like slow loading of webpages, well with this update they have fixed the same along with broken text on certain pages. Many users also reported some issues with internet connection, i'll suggest them to download this update as they have fixed network re-connection issues aslo.

Other than this other improvements made in this version includes better scrolling experience on Symbian 60 v3. browser will now detect itself the location to download according to file type. There are many more small fixes done in Opera mini 7 v7.0.3. You should update it now.

Are you sure Maq.h, about the fixes done by Opera ? I am not. Even i noticed all those problems mentioned by the user above. I got notification about the further updates and updated my browser to the same. Mine is also the same as yours, v7.0.3 running on Nokia 5233. But i dint felt if any thing is fixed apart from broken text and as mine is touchscreen there was already no problem about scrolling. but as you said yours is working fine, what could be the problem with mine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Besnik View Post
    Mine is also the same as yours, v7.0.3 running on Nokia 5233. But i dint felt if any thing is fixed apart from broken text and as mine is touchscreen there was already no problem about scrolling. but as you said yours is working fine, what could be the problem with mine ?
    Well, that seems unfortunate with you. Even am using the same update and am happy wit it. There is no more problems i faced in earlier version. What i can suggest you is better uninstall it completely from your mobile phone. launch your mobile's default browser and go to m.opera.com and download a new one. Install it. I think this time it will work properly.