Thread: Opera Mini 7.0 for Android different from Symbian 60

Opera Mini 7.0 for Android different from Symbian 60

I am having a Nokia 5800 (Symbian S60) as well as an Android based HTC Wildfire S. I received an update on my Android for Opera mini, updated it right than but dint checked the version. Yesterday, while browsing on my Nokia phone, i got an update notification for my opera mini 6. I updated it and got v7.0. It was completely different from all opera mini versions i used in past.

I found a new page while launching the browser and tab with speed dials. It was really good. I mean there are many new features on that page with social updates, movies, sports, mobile and store any many more. So, i thought to get the same on my Android mobile as well. When i tried doing the same i found that my Android opera mini is already a v7. But is no such page on Android version. What is this ? Is the Android version of Opera Mini 7 different from the nokia version ?

Re: Opera Mini 7.0 for Android different from Symbian 60

Yeah, Opera mini 7 for Android was released about a month ago I guess but for Nokia it was released just yesterday. The new page you are talking about is called as “Smart Page” that is introduced for the first time and as of now the smart page is only available in Symbian S60 version of Opera Mini 7. So you wont be getting it on Android.

FYI, the smart page is also not available in iOS version of Opera Mini along with Android. Am not sure but I guess it is not even in Blackberry. As a Nokia user, we are lucky to get the new feature first. For Android and other operating system, we will need to wait for some more weeks.

Thanks for the info friend but don’t know whats wrong in making it for Android atleast. If am not wrong there are millions of Android users using Opera as their default browser on smartphones and Tablets. Opera company should have also made the smart page for Android before or atleast along with Symbian.

Quote Originally Posted by eRMA View Post
    Thanks for the info friend but don’t know whats wrong in making it for Android atleast. If am not wrong there are millions of Android users using Opera as their default browser on smartphones and Tablets. Opera company should have also made the smart page for Android before or atleast along with Symbian.
    We should not blame them why dint they made it for android as well. Dude, first of all the browser we are talking is absolutely free. Secondly there are serving us with their services since a long time. Other than this I would like to say that they are offcourse working on the same and would be launching the same in near future. Also you should know that development depends on various factors including operating system, hardware support, and many more. They will do it one by one. We should wait for the same with patience.