Thread: Google Nexus 7 now available in India

Google Nexus 7 now available in India

Launched last month in Google I/O, Google’s own Nexus 7 Tablet is now also available in India via online shopping portal. It is offcourse good news for many users like me who were waiting for the same. Indiatimes shopping has now started taking orders ad will deliver the Tab within 15 working days. As you might be knowing that the cost of Nexus 7 Tab 8GB in US is 200USD, that means 11000 INR. But here in India, you will need to buy it for Rupees 16952/- .

Anyway, I have ordered one for me, if you want you can to apply before the stock ends,.

Re: Google Nexus 7 now available in India

Quote Originally Posted by Lankesh View Post
    But here in India, you will need to buy it for Rupees 16952/- .
    What ? Rs 16,952 for just 8 GB? It is even much more than the cost of 16GB variant in US. Why so costly in India? Google should not do this. Even in India there are millions of users who use Google services and products. I was waiting for Nexus 7 tab since long time but now, due to such stupid price, am not gonna buy it.

Oh common friend. Even you know the price increases when any gadget is imported from other countries. It consists of Shipping, Custom duties, etc. So obviously it will become costlier. I don’t think Google or the shopping vendors would have increased the price from their own. I checked few more Shopping vendors including Ebay, Tradus and Indiashopping, all have almost the same price.

Comparing all these 3 vendors, I found Indiatimes has cheapest rate, that is 16,952/-, Whereas Ebay is selling it for 17,490/- and tradus is selling for 16,990/- . So you cannot blame Google or the vendors for the price hype that is obvious.

Thanks for the info buddy. I would like to know is there any offer or such kind of stuff we get with the Nexus Tab while buying from these vendors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Thanks for the info buddy. I would like to know is there any offer or such kind of stuff we get with the Nexus Tab while buying from these vendors ?
    Nope, there are no promotion offers or any free stuffs you get with the device. They are just selling the tab for the mentioned price. But yes, you can get few facilities like ‘Cash on Delivery’ or Interest free EMI. You can buy the tab on Installments as well, that is 2825/- for 6 months and 5651/- for 3 Months.

Hey guys, need a bit assistance from you guys. I am just going to order a Nexus 7 for myself. Now i want to know, among the three sites mentioned above, from where should i order one for me ? I mean, i want the best vendor in shipping, quality, trust etc. Ebay i know is very old and trust worthy, should i order from there ?

That’s true, EBay is very old and trustworthy but you can also trust on others like Indiatimes. I have good experience with Indiatimes shopping and ebay both. But have never use Tradus hence can’t recommend you for the same. But if we talk about other factors such as quality, I don’t think there should be any difference in quality because they don’t manufacture the product. They are just selling it from their site.

Now talking about price, though EBay is your first preference, you should know that where indiatimes and tradus are selling the device for 16990/- eBay is selling the same for 19745/-. Huge difference in the price. So I’ll suggest you to go with Indiatimes.