Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-07-2012

How to restore a netbook to factory settings without using recovery Disks and F3 key

I own MSI wind U100 and I wanted to know if there is a way by which I can restore it to factory settings without using recovery Disks and F3 key? I have checked out for the same and have not found a answer yet. So is there anyone here who has an idea about it and can share the same with me?? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 19-07-2012

re: How to restore a netbook to factory settings without using recovery Disks and F3 key

I just wanted to know why you are not willing to use recovery Disks and F3 key?? Is there any reason behind it? As far as I know there are three ways of restoring MSI wind U100 to factory settings.
  • Using F3 Hotkey
  • Using Driver CD
  • Using USB flash drive or a SD card
Since you have already mentioned that you don?t want to try out first two methods you are still left with the third one.
Old 19-07-2012

Re: How to restore a netbook to factory settings without using recovery Disks and F3 key

I am not willing to do so, it is just that I have lost the recovery Disk that I had got with the package. I have tried using the F3 Hotkey on the keyboard as well but it is loading windows normally. I don?t know what?s wrong with it, anyways can you explain the third method in a bit detail so that I can have a better idea of it and will try it out as well.
Old 20-07-2012

Re: How to restore a netbook to factory settings without using recovery Disks and F3 key

For using USB flash drive or a SD card you will need USB Rescue Tool folder from the recovery Disk. As you have mentioned that you are not having recovery Disk you can contact Msi and find out if there is a download for the same somewhere. Once you get the contents of the Disk then you can follow the below steps:
  1. First format your USB flash drive or SD card in NTFS or FAT32 and transfer USB Rescue Tool folder in it from some other machine.
  2. Once the USB flash drive is ready, connect it to your MSI wind U100 and reboot it.
  3. Upon reboot press F11 hotkey, when you get a message saying ?Select the [USB] device as the boot device, and press [Enter] to confirm the selection? then simply hit enter.
  4. Once you get ?Language Menu? then select one accordingly and select [Restore the system to factory default] for starting the process.
  5. Now the system recovery process will start formatting your hard disk drive partition, just make sure that you are connecting your wind U100 to AC power as the process can take long time and your system should turn off between the processes.
Just try it out and let me know if you have any issue with the above process, feel free to ask for further help.
Old 20-07-2012

There are a number of sites offering download of Msi Wind U100 Recovery Files as per the operating system, just Google out ?Msi Wind U100 Xp/vista/windows 7 Recovery Files? and download it from one of the sites. Just make sure that you are scanning the files completely after downloading them because there are possibilities of them to be having viruses. As suggested above you can contact msi as well, they might be providing downloads of Msi Wind U100 Xp Recovery Files. If not then you can download them from other sites or get a new Recovery disk, best of luck.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,