Thread: Where is Meego

Where is Meego

Recently Nokia smartphone appear with Meego. Then the same disappeared instantly. I had used this on Nokia N9. It was fine and simple. What I liked about the operating system is easy and simple interface. It is far more quicker then android. Does Nokia is planing to provide any type of phone in future which will have Meego. I had not seen any type of news which provide such information. Meego is yet out of market. After android came into existence, many manufacturer turned their two towards it.

Re: Where is Meego

Yes you are right. After android many mobile operating system were affected. Meego in one of them. Android is far more better. Why you are looking for Meego back again.

For those who love this os will need to wait for sometime. There are some manufacturer which are working on devices that will comes with meego os. Meego is a Linux based operating system designed for smooth interface and app support. It was made by Nokia and suddenly, the idea of developing the same was dropped. Yes there is no news about meego phones. A company called as Jolla is planing to release some Meego smartphone. According to them Meego is capable of giving a much better user interface.

And it looks nokia does not looks much interested on the same. Android has made its place and surely in coming time there wouldn't be any that can takes its place. I had tested meego a while ago. I liked the fluid environment which is better. But Meego needs more fixes. It has certain things because of which it has not reached so popularly. There might be some manufacturer who would try to work on it and provide a better interface to consumers.

Android devices are flooded in market. It is used from mobile to tablets and even in some smart TV. I do not know under this competition how meego will makes it place.

I will not say Meego is great. But there are some things that I also liked. Before android meego was the one operating system which provided a better interface. It gives you the system access where you can use your phone like how you use linux pc. This stuff is not possible in android. I even remember to install certain apps through terminal. I hope Meego must be redeveloped with more enhanced features. Using meego is just like using a linux pc.

Installed on your phone to access various files and application. I think Nokia did not find anything great in it. But if Nokia had continued the development of this operating system, then today it might have taken the place of android os. But not the same depends on upcoming model. It is right that Jolla is trying to make some Meego phones. They would be mostly china based. I am sure there would be some kind of separate things added which can make it exclusive.

Meego is more than a mobile os. But it is a bit complicate to use it. I had seen many friend has dual boot his nokia n9 using meego and maemo operating system. If there is such phones were we can dual boot android and other os then that would be awesome.

Dual boot on smartphone is not yet easy. It needs a better hardware and cpu support run that type of process. While phones come with limited space and processing power. Meego is a bright mobile operating system. It is not dead completely. There are chances when in upcoming time we can see certain meego phones. Android has given a different perspective to users. A clean and better interface with tons of app support has made android popular. This was not possible on older phones. On the same hand android keeps on improving to give more cleaner and better output.

You can simply use your phone as set of multimedia feature or social networking application. Technically speaking android is quiet better. Meego has already stopped and now there are rare chances, that companies will take initiative to make it work. What I know about meego that the coming phones will have better compatibility with html5 content

Meego was not bad. But it lack good development support. If there are rich phone operating system in market then who would go for new one. I heard that even Mozilla is releasing a mobile operating system.

Smartphones, tablets, etc are now a major market. Some time ago this devices were ignored and there were very few applications which work on its development. And because of operating system like android, the operating system has received boost to gain more importance. iOS on the other hand lies on exclusive platform only.

So do we really need a new operating system. I am sure there will be very less people who will get ready for the experiment.

That is right. If we have a set of good os in the markte and realible smartphone, them people will stay a step ahead to go with something new.