Thread: using a debit card, how to purchase apps or games from itunes for iphone in India

using a debit card, how to purchase apps or games from itunes for iphone in India

Guys this is the first time I have bought an iPhone. In fact I am the first person at my place to get an apple product. Due to this reason I am facing several problems while accessing and purchasing things related to this phone. I am in India and I do own a Visa Debit card. Now the problem I am having is while purchasing in iTunes. Obviously we need an internet transaction in order to purchase anything from iTunes for your iPhone. When I try to buy anything from iTunes they ask me for my card’s security code which is actually not present on my debit card.

Due to this I am really very much confused. Is it really possible to purchase apps or games from itunes in India using a debit card? If yes then how?

Re: using a debit card, how to purchase apps or games from itunes for iphone in India

I am not well aware of the rules and regulations for purchasing apps and game on Apple iTunes but however I do know that if you are purchasing here in India then you might need a credit for that and not a debit card. If any of your friends have a credit card you can give it a try. just create a new account on iTunes and try to purchase anything using his credit card and see whether it works or not. Also if possible try your debit card the second time you do the transaction.

Re: using a debit card, how to purchase apps or games from itunes for iphone in India

Debit cards are only workable for other countries and not for India. In India in order to access Apple’s iTunes Store the customer needs a credit and not a debit card.

The only thing you can try out is create a new iTunes account and make sure that while registering you make use of your debit card. Anyhow still I would say that iTunes accept Credit cards in India for purchasing games and apps.