Thread: LG Optimus 4X HD has Led notification or not

LG Optimus 4X HD has Led notification or not

Finally yesterday i got LG Optimus 4X HD in my hands. Whatever hours i spent with this device, i can say that it could be said the best ever smartphone from LG till now. Great looks and great performance, but only one doubt i have. That is its LED. I tried to get its led notification working but it seems like LG has not made it to work. Now days almost 90% of smartphones from all brands use to have LED lights but its not working in my LG Optimus 4X HD. Is it just me or everyone else ? Do LG Optimus 4X HD has Led notification or not ?

Re: LG Optimus 4X HD has Led notification or not

Nope buddy, you are not alone. I too realized that there are no LED notifications in LG Optimus 4X HD. You were correct to say that this could be the best mobile phone ever from LG brand and that makes me more disappointed that such a great device lacks the led lights.

I wish if they could fix it and make it work in Optimus 4X HD. Also, there should be any such alternate applications for the same atleast if they are not making it default with the device.

I guess there are few reasons why LG had not made LED notifications light in 4X HD. If you guys have used earlier series such as Optimus One X or 2X, you might know that those phones used to provide upto 10 hours battery life on 3G. But O4X HD has just 7 hours of battery life on 3G network. Also as per the research LED notifications consumes enough battery, and if you open the battery cover you will find that there is 1800mAh battery packed with 4X HD. So, if they would have enabled the LED notifications, you might wont be getting 7 hours of battery life as well. So, so make it work for longer hours, LG has disabled the led in your smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraker999 View Post
    I guess there are few reasons why LG had not made LED notifications light in 4X HD. If you guys have used earlier series such as Optimus One X or 2X, you might know that those phones used to provide upto 10 hours battery life on 3G. But O4X HD has just 7 hours of battery life on 3G network. Also as per the research LED notifications consumes enough battery, and if you open the battery cover you will find that there is 1800mAh battery packed with 4X HD. So, if they would have enabled the LED notifications, you might wont be getting 7 hours of battery life as well. So, so make it work for longer hours, LG has disabled the led in your smartphones.
    That’s great info and logic, friend. I guess you are correct. I checked my battery, it seems the same 1800mAH. This is ridiculous. Why they have done this. I mean, there are many smartphones today that comes along 2500mAH battery and if we compare those mobiles, they are not so high end like Opti 4X HD. I use to remain connected on 3G everytime due to few of my internet applications.

That means that I will need to charge my home thrice a day. Sounds disappointing.

Well, we need to accept it and be happy. There is no choice. We can’t even change its battery nor can we enable its led notifications. But the device is still worth if you love gaming and do multitasking. Am happy with my Optimus 4X HD

Quote Originally Posted by rajmalhotra View Post
    Well, we need to accept it and be happy. There is no choice. We can’t even change its battery nor can we enable its led notifications. But the device is still worth if you love gaming and do multitasking. Am happy with my Optimus 4X HD
    Yeah, you are right. The device is still worth. I don’t know why Led Notifications are so important for few people when you have notification sounds for everything? Anyways, for such people, we can find some alternate way regarding its LED Notifications. Like an application called “LG Touch LED Notifications”. This will turn on your LED Lights for Calls, SMS, and emails. What else you guys need. Isn’t that enough ?

If not, wait for few weeks. Because as there are many people depressed due to the same am sure somebody will make any custom ROM for 4X HD to make it Leds work.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion lella View Post
    Yeah, you are right. The device is still worth. I don’t know why Led Notifications are so important for few people when you have notification sounds for everything? Anyways, for such people, we can find some alternate way regarding its LED Notifications. Like an application called “LG Touch LED Notifications”. This will turn on your LED Lights for Calls, SMS, and emails. What else you guys need. Isn’t that enough ?
    Thanks for the info (Orion lella). I downloaded apk for the same from Google Play though it was showing not compatible with my 4X HD. Installed doing some R&D but it was useless. I mean, the app is not compatible with this device. There is still no notifications light on emails or sms. Is there anyone who testing it working ?

Yeah, I tested. And I found that the app LG Touch LED Notifications is only compatible till Optimus 2X. It is yet not made for 4X HD. We need to wait for some more time