Thread: Nexus 10 in the make, rumors?

Nexus 10 in the make, rumors?

Recently I have seen many articles regarding Nexus 10 popping up on internet once in a while. I haven’t read most of them and some of them have claimed that it will soon release. I don’t know how many of you have read it, but do you think that Google will be bringing out Nexus 10 soon? Or are these just rumors that are being spread around for fun? Can someone tell me more details about this Nexus 10?

Re: Nexus 10 in the make, rumors?

Many people have read about Nexus 10 on various websites claiming different things about it and giving different opinions about it. After reading some more websites, I think we can conclude that some things that confirm the work on Nexus 7 going on is that Wintek has exported a large number of touch screen panels to the Google. These consisted of 10 inch OGS touch panels which are same as the 7 inch touch panels used in Nexus 7. I think that Google must be working on the design and the working of Nexus 10 and I hope that they release it till beginning of year 2013. I think that this will give all major competitors of Google which manufacture tablets like Apple and Samsung.

Nexus 10 is bound to release in some three to four months from now. According to one website, Nexus 10 will be just a larger version of Nexus 7.It will have Android 4.1 and Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. With larger screen, it will just provide better resolution and support for more high definition videos and photos. `Again there will be two types of Nexus 10 that will be available in market. One will be of 16 GB memory space and other will be of 32 GB of memory space. You can say that Nexus 10 will just be another full sized tablet which won’t be any different from Nexus 7 in terms of hardware and performance.

One thing that I know is, a 10 inch tablet will cost just $50 more than Nexus 7. I think that this will be the best part of Nexus 10 is released. I think that Google must release the Nexus 10 along with more advanced RAM so that it supports high detailed games and apps with more ease. Also higher resolution must be provided so that we get clearer picture. If possible, the rear camera should be tried to be made more powerful. I think if megapixel camera is given at back, Nexus 10 will become all in one device which one can carry around without having to get any other device.

One thing that really should be added in Nexus 10 if it is going to be reality is the slot for MicroSD card. I think that Google is trying to give Samsung competition in restricting the use of memory in their devices. If MicroSD card is provided, I can have a 32 GB memory card just for movies. This will be great on Google’s part. Also developers must provide support for Flash. At present, I find it difficult to start many browser based game on my Nexus 7. Having Flash support will be great for use as the high resolution of the screen will help watch and play high definition videos or games online. I think that this will be the best part about about Nexus 10 if implemented.

One thing that will be good about Nexus 10 is that it will have better interface than Nexus 7. Nexus 7 had a 7 inch display which was neither proper for a smartphone, neither for a tablet PC. Thus the interface would look bad in it. We had to change the resolution and the size of the interface by altering the dpi of the screen. I think that at least this problem will be solved and most of the users will be happy to have it. I think new interface should be added to Nexus 10, this will also be good to have something new.

I think that Google is late in bringing out a 10 inch tablet. They should have brought out a 10 inch tablet before and should have avoided Nexus 7. The main reason is that most of the people who need tablet PC already have other tablets and I don’t think they will need an extra one. Also the 10 inch tablet PC creates problems of portability when it comes to carry it around. So I don’t think that Nexus 10 will work in market. Google should wait for few more months before actually bringing it out in market. Google should have some new processor other than Nvidia Tegra 3 so that at least it will encourage people to buy Nexus 10.