Thread: Is LG Optimus 4X HD worth buying?

Is LG Optimus 4X HD worth buying?

Hey guys, what about LG Optimus 4X HD smartphone? Is it really worth buying or this phone is a big failure? I am actually not getting what exactly should I feel about this phone. Before the release of this phone when I read it specifications I was really very much impressed, also I was well prepared to buy it soon after it’s released. But now things are looking quite opposite. Few of my friends have bought this phone, I didn’t find them happy or impressed with the phone, and also the reviews that I read on web were not so impressive.

Now I am really very much confused and I am not getting what exactly should I do. Is LG Optimus 4X HD really worth buying or i should drop the idea of purchasing it?

Re: Is LG Optimus 4X HD worth buying?

Until now I found the reviews pretty decent. There are no doubt certain negativities and drawbacks in this phone however they are quite ignorable. I mean to say that the disadvantages listed down were too little as compared to the other key features of it. Overall I would say that if you can go for this phone without any harm. It is pretty decent phone with Android 4.0 ICS update. Yes, ICS is what I found as the best thing in this phone. Also the Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A9 processor is something which is too much for a smartphone. I don’t think you will get this kind of specifications in any other currently available phones.

As said above this phone has some negative points but let me tell you that they are not negligible, at least not for me. Below are the major disadvantages of this phone:

1. Audio Output is not impressive
    2. Native video calls facility is absent
    3. Autofocus in Video camera has some problem
    4. Also Tegra 3 CPUs uses 40nm process whereas if you check Exynos, it uses 32nm processes

To be frank I do not have any idea about the reviews and the feedbacks this phone has got. They might be positive or negative or maybe also very much impressive but I am not at all impressed with it. In fact I am happy with LG. I have been a genuine user of LG phone (Using LG phone from past 3 years), with every smartphone I buy I got a new experience. However the experience always used to be negative. I found that LG used to simply manufacture the device at its best but never upgrades it which used to be quite annoying. I am sure the case is going to be the same with this phone too. So better take my advice and do not purchase this phone.

Already you knew very well how this phone is working and performing. The review has not been so great, so better do not buy it.

Even after getting ICS installed into it the phone has not really impressed with the UI. I feel that the UI is nowhere looking like as real as it should be with Android 4.0 ICS. Also the design this phone is looking too common as other smartphones. With the outer structure and the design nothing is looking impressive. I would have expected a lot with the looks and the design of this phone.

However the specifications are too cool but again the audio output takes the phone into a bad impression. If these drawbacks are eliminated then I think the phone could do a lot with its existing best features.

I do agree with the design feedback. Even I found that the design of the phone is quite simple. But I am sure not all the people are going to take it in the same manner. There are users who do prefer simple look of a phone but on the other hand there are also users who are bored of using a simple sleek designed phone. The problem that I have noted down the most is with the autofocus problem during the video recording. Initially when I read one thread regarding this problem I thought it might a minor issue but later on when I read other such similar threads I was surprised to know that the problem is actually from the manufacturing side and not the user’s fault. I am not sure what solution has been taken out for this problem but with the increase in the number of users of this phone the problems are also increasing.

If you are in an intention to buy this phone then better first let the problem be resolved and only then go for it.

The best thing is that the manufacturers are not hiding the issues with the customers. They have openly expressed their regrets for this problem and also with the upcoming updates they are going to also provide a solution for this problem. if I am not mistaken V10B is their latest firmware which was released for this phone. I am not sure whether this is the one which might resolve the autofocus problem but I would say that you can at least give it a try. Might be it is worth for not just the autofocus issue but also for the bad audio quality issue.

Everyone is openly speaking about the issues of this phone which is a good thing. I wouldn’t have mind if the problem would have been limited with the autofocus and bad audio but its not.

They say that the phone is all built with Gorilla Glass but I still have some complain with the glares of this device. The best way you can test this device is by taking it in direct sunlight. If you just view the screen vertically you will find that the display of the device is actually not bounded with the front glass. If you increase the brightness of the screen things can be resolved but however you will waste your battery life in excess amount.

I would not comment on any of the above discussed issues except for the video recording. Let me tell that nothing is wrong with the UI of this phone with the video recording and also the problem is not with the hardware of this device. The auto focus is behaving the same from the time of its manufacturing. Even I have noticed it in some of the review where the reviewer has posted the video of his video recording through the phone’s video recorder. The auto focus does go out of focus in-between the recording for a fraction of second or a second.

Rest other specifications including the hardware and software specifications are really great. Buy this phone. I don’t think you will get will have any problem or with the phone.