Thread: LG Optimus 4X HD battery life is good or bad?

LG Optimus 4X HD battery life is good or bad?

Now I am in a plan to buy LG Optimus 4X HD soon but I will go for this phone only if I get a good review about it. Anyways, until now there haven’t been any negative comments made on this phone. So I think I will get it soon by the end of next month but I am really worried about its battery life. Initially whichever phone I had most of them were got defected due to the battery failure. I do not understand why mobile phone’s battery gets damage so easily. However as I said I am not well aware of this phone and also I didn’t read any comment about the battery of this phone I would like to know something from you. There might someone using this phone, may I know you opinion and comment on the battery life of LG Optimus 4X HD.

Re: LG Optimus 4X HD battery life is good or bad?

To be frank I am currently having a worst experience with this phone. The only reason I bought this phone was because of its high power camera and ICS android version. Once I came to know about these features I didn’t even cared to know about the other features of this phone. However, now I am playing for my carelessness. I am still unable to make out for how many hours this phone exactly works with a full charged battery. No matter how much I use this phone I am made to charge the batter at least twice or thrice a day.

I normally prefer to make an average amount of calls and send few text messages but within this few calls and messages my LG Optimus 4 X HD battery lives goes completely empty. If this is continued then I would surely carry on my phone to the Care center and replace it completely.

If you are a regular internet user then definitely you must know about the battery review of this phone which is not so impressive. i just now checked on internet and found one common thing in almost all the review. it is that the battery life of this phone has been drastically degraded. The experts says that the battery life of LG Optimus 4X HD is actually not more than other top android phone’s battery life. I am sure you will get a clear picture once you read any one of the review on LG Optimus 4X HD battery life. If I am not mistaken then LG Optimus 4X HD battery life at an average not go more than 6hrs 21mins. I do not remember about the other phone but they were quite higher than this one.

Yeah, it is near around 6hrs. I am not sure about the minutes as at all different places I saw a different time frame declared. But I personally believe that the battery life is strictly not going to cross the time limit of 6hrs 30mins, this is the max time limit of LG Optimus 4X HD’s battery life if you keep it busy all the time. Its comparison with other android based smartphone’s battery life is as follow:

• LG Optimus 4X HD - 6 hours 28 minutes
    • Galaxy S III - 7 hours 30 minutes
    • HTC EVO 4G LTE - 7 hours 5 minutes

LG Optimus 4X HD can nowhere compete with other top smartphone’s as the time limit of the battery is too low.

Reviews will obviously differ in all cases. Everyone keeps their own point of view. If I face any problem definitely I will place my opinion negative and if someone doesn’t face any problem then he might compliment the same phone. However the best thing you can do is examine the phone by yourself. Fully charge the battery of this phone and try to play a high definition Video with full with all the settings at its best. Make sure that you full the brightness and also the audio of the video. Let the video go on playing. Now note down the average time of the battery life. No doubt you will get the result that has been already mentioned above.

Obviously no person would use his phone the way you are explaining. I do not understand the use of testing the phone under such condition. Which person would keep his phone so busy with playing an HD video all the time? Even I tested the phone but not under such heavy condition.

According to my experiment I managed to keep the phone alive for 7 hours and 35 minutes. Let me make one thing clear that tested the phone under normal condition i.e. I used it talking over 3G and nothing else. But yes, I would agree with everyone in one thing, the battery life of this phone is definitely too poor as compared to other phones. If you want to buy a phone based on the battery life then definitely this is not the one that you are looking out for. Better prefer something else.

I checked out the complete specification chart from various different sites and ended sorted out the correct one. Below is the entire information about the battery life of LG Optimus 4X HD:

• Battery: Li-Ion 2150 mAh
    • Stand by: with 2G its 720 hrs and with 3G its 686hrs
    • Talk time: with 2G its 9hrs 20mins and with 3G its 10 h 50 min

Not just the expert’s review but also the public review of this phone has not been much impressive. And I am one amongst them. But I am not much concerned about the battery life as I do not sit on this phone all the day. In my case I manage to get this phone working for atleast 12 hours a day. This means that i only have to charge the phone once in a day that all and the phone is working for the entire day.

I know, the day when I will start using this phone the most even I will face the same problem that most of the people are facing with the battery life of this phone. Overall the battery life is fair but not outstanding.