Thread: Micromax's X259 first solar charger phone for Rs.2,499

Micromax's X259 first solar charger phone for Rs.2,499

This is another new innovation by Micromax releasing the first solar charger phone called as X259. The price of this phone is just Rs.2,499. I am not able to understand why big brands never go for this feature. Battery outage is the most common issue because of in remote areas technology does not reach. This is quiet nice step take by Micromax for the rural people. X259 charges through sunlight. I am not figure out how this works. The image that I saw does show any kind of solar panel on the phone. So does there is a seperate accessory for that. I would love to buy this phone, but before that I am trying to find the exact charging hours it provides. Has anyone purchase this phone. What features do you got and also what are the accessories you recieved with the phone.

Re: Micromax's X259 first solar charger phone for Rs.2,499

The phone works on green technology. There are solar powered cell in the phone. I am sure they will be charged via some panel which might be integrated with the phone battery or separately. Yes no one has bought the phone. The images I saw shows clearly that there are not panels integrated over the phone body. The backside looks a bit difference. Anyhow this is quiet a good news. You can charge your phone with sun.

There are ample of solar charger available on internet that offers you free charging of phone anywhere you travel. I can provide a short detail on the phone features. The phone is has rich multimedia features. It is not just the traditional phone that you can for call and sms only. With 2.4" screen and storage of 4GB you can carry your favorite music in it. There is a audio/video player, vga camera, Bluetooth, wap, fm and dual sim support. By this you can figure out that the phone is quiet filled with features.

I hope the solar charging support can give more battery power to the phone. It can be a good option in emergency. But somehow this will not be helpful in bad weather. You correct said one point, this types of phones are best for rural areas. Communication can be established quiet nicely over there due to solar support.

I think it will take hours to charge the phone on solar panel. I am sure this is a separate accessory for it. On official website you can see Transceiver under accessories column. There is no solar charge mentioned.

Yes I saw the same. The accessories includes Transceiver, Hands free, Standard Charger and Standard Battery. So even I am confused that does X259 has integrated solar charger panel or solar cells that you will need to charge through some other way. Because the feature list of this phone clearly says that there is a Solar cell in this phone. Phone looks good, but there should be certain clearance on its accessories.

It is not worth if we buy that and found, it has a solar battery which needs some other charge to get charged. The body does not looks like have any charging stuff. How will it get charged actually under sunlight. To some extent this product is worth trying. There is not yet a clear review provided on it. Other features are fine, Micromax has not kept this phone low on stuff. You have audio, video, fm, gprs, etc. It is quiet fine. The price is also very low. At Rs.2499 the phone is supercheap. While I had seen some other solar phones and solar charger which are too costly. I hope there will be some video on that soon which can give use a clear output.

I will recommend you guys to read the news properly. I had seen that they had given a clear information about the solar panel on this phone.

The talk time on this phone is just 4.5hrs. That is too low. I do not understand what Micromax is doing. At 4.5hrs you need to charge your approximately 2 times or more in a day. And what about multimedia usage. If we use the phone for video or audio benefits, then the battery will drain out too fast. It has 1000mAh battery. There are some other phones which are capable of giving you 7 to 8 hrs of battery power.

This is quiet enough. You cannot take the phone and roam around to charge it under sun. The battery power is quiet reduced. There is no clear information provided on the solar panel thing. There are also no detailed photo provided so that we can understand how it actually works. This just like a concept to me.

If you can see the image properly you can see a wide screen type panel on the backside of phone. I think that is the solar panel. I am sure you cannot remove or change the phone battery.

That is a wild guess. I had seen a similar photo on Google. Which clearly show a screen type panel in place of battery cover. At the top edge Solar Cell is clearly written. There is a headphone jack and charger. I am not sure about the battery thing, but the design that I saw looks closed panel to the end. But if you see sideways you can drag that down. The battery cover is used as solar panel in this phone. It looks like wide lcd screen.

You just need to keep the phone under sun by turning it upside down. That will charge your phone to some extent. Solar charges are super slow. It gives you half of charging time. Like if you charged the phone for 4 hrs you will get phone battery of 2hrs on least expectation or it can be lower. But the phone is good for rural people who face electricity outage. There is something better than nothing.

There should be such kind of phones in market which must help use to get rid of battery issue. Especially for android phones. Solar cells is quiet a good concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Braasch View Post
    The phone works on green technology. There are solar powered cell in the phone. I am sure they will be charged via some panel which might be integrated with the phone battery or separately. Yes no one has bought the phone. The images I saw shows clearly that there are not panels integrated over the phone body. The backside looks a bit difference. Anyhow this is quiet a good news. You can charge your phone with sun.

There are ample of solar charger available on internet that offers you free charging of phone anywhere you travel. I can provide a short detail on the phone features. The phone is has rich multimedia features. It is not just the traditional phone that you can for call and sms only. With 2.4" screen and storage of 4GB you can carry your favorite music in it. There is a audio/video player, vga camera, Bluetooth, wap, fm and dual sim support. By this you can figure out that the phone is quiet filled with features.

I hope the solar charging support can give more battery power to the phone. It can be a good option in emergency. But somehow this will not be helpful in bad weather. You correct said one point, this types of phones are best for rural areas. Communication can be established quiet nicely over there due to solar support.
    Well I am really not sure how much effective this new solar charging system is.. I think it is ideal if we are road trip or on vocations..I am not sure I am true or not..