Thread: Installing Android 4.1.1 Firmware on ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet

Installing Android 4.1.1 Firmware on ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet

Hi. Need a bit help from you all. Am having a ASUS Nexus 7, bought just couple of days ago, is already running on 4.1 jelly bean. But I heard that Google has launched an update for the same again. Now as my tab becomes slow or I can say it lags sometimes. I doubt that it happens because of huge Data stored on the device (about 30GB) but still for my satisfaction I would like to install the Android 4.1.1 firmware on my Nexus 7. I tried searching it with OTA but it wasn’t available there. So could any of you please let me know how to update firmware on Android Nexus tab manually? Thanks in advance.

Re: Installing Android 4.1.1 Firmware on ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet

Updating the deices manually is pretty simple process but you need to be perfect. Dont make any mistake during the procedure or your device may be in problems. Also remember that your Nexus 7 tab should be rooted if you want to update the firmware manually. if it is not rooted, you wont be able to complete the process or even completed, it wont be applied.

• If you meet the requirements, follow the below steps to do the same:
    • Launch any browser on your computer and download Nexus 7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Update from here.
    • Now transfer the file on your tablet using USB Cable. Save it some where on your SD card where it can be located easily.
    • Once copied, disconnect the cable and turn off your device. Now press and hold key combination of Volume up+ Volume down + Power key until it boots into recovery mode.
    • Scroll down by using volume keys and select 'install zip from sd card'. now locate the Update file you placed on SD card, and select the same.
    • Now wait for couple of minutes and allow the device to install the package. Once it is done, go back to the main page of Recovery mode and select 'Reboot System'.

Thats it. Your device will be now running on Jelly Bean. You will need to wait for 5 to 7 minutes until the device boots completely, because as it is the first time the device will be booting on the new firmware, it will take time. Once it is booted, go to Setting > about tablet and check the firmware.