Thread: Poor battery life and automatic shutter speed of camera is low in Nokia 808

Poor battery life and automatic shutter speed of camera is low in Nokia 808

If there would have been only one issue with this phone then I wouldn’t have mind but looks like Nokia 808 Pureview has lots of endless issues. I have found that almost all the Nokia 808 users are facing some kind of issue with the camera of their phone. I guess camera in this phone is something which is playing the major role and if the camera itself will create problem then obviously it would be very much annoying.

My problem in the camera is with the shutter speed. I found that whenever I try to click the picture of any moving object either the picture comes up with a blur motion or it get spoil completely. I am sure this happens due to the shutter speed. The shutter speed of this camera is so low that it is not even able to get the clear picture due to its movement. Anyone one who can let me know a proper suggestion for increasing the shutter speed?

Battery of this phone is yet another problem. Now as I am very much passionate about photography I always prefer clicking around 200 pictures per day but that doesn’t really seems to be possible every day. The battery life is so poor that I am not even able to access my phone for a complete day. Can anybody focus on this issue too? Am I over using my phone which is draining up my phone’s battery?

Re: Poor battery life and automatic shutter speed of camera is low in Nokia 808

Clicking in a Sport Mode is the only way. Hey even I have noticed about the low shutter speed. The problem occurs mostly while clicking the picture of a passing object or moving scenery. Whenever I click on an image in a motion after I click on the CLICK button the shutter strikes so slowly that I actually captures the image along with its movement which results into a blur picture. The only way out for me is to select the Sports Mode and then access the Camera which gives me a better resulting picture. Hope you would like to try the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    Clicking in a Sport Mode is the only way. Hey even I have noticed about the low shutter speed. The problem occurs mostly while clicking the picture of a passing object or moving scenery. Whenever I click on an image in a motion after I click on the CLICK button the shutter strikes so slowly that I actually captures the image along with its movement which results into a blur picture. The only way out for me is to select the Sports Mode and then access the Camera which gives me a better resulting picture. Hope you would like to try the same.

I know that clicking the images in a Sports mode do give a better picture and also the blur affect completely goes away as the sport is obviously meant for taking the pictures of the moving objects.

But let me tell you that selecting the sports mode gives us certain limitations and the most annoying one is the 5 megapixels limit with. With the sports mode you can’t click any image beyond 5 megapixel which according to me is useless with such an effective 41 megapixels camera.

The battery is obviously going to drain if you keep on taking pictures from the phones camera and keep it busy the whole day. By your saying I can easily make out that you do not have enough knowledge about this phone’s battery life and therefore you aren’t able to make out its exact life span of the phone with a full charged battery.

Look with a complete charged battery the phone can stay alive for around 11 hours when in use i.e. the talk time is 11 hours and when you keep it in a standby mode then it is far more better than other phone’s battery life. It can stay for more than 450 hours i.e. around 465 hours. As far as I know the battery life of a Nokia 808 PureView is better than other Nokia smartphones, in fact it is better than Apple’s iPhone 4S. Nokia Lumia 900 was said to have the best battery life but 808 PureView has taken away the limelight from it.

I would like to know what’s exactly your daily activities are with regards to your phone. How much do you use it for clicking and calling? And for how much time you keep it in a standby.

The battery is obviously going to drain if you keep on taking pictures from the phones camera and keep it busy the whole day. By your saying I can easily make out that you do not have enough knowledge about this phone’s battery life and therefore you aren’t able to make out its exact life span of the phone with a full charged battery. Look with a complete charged battery the phone can stay alive for around 11 hours when in use i.e. the talk time is 11 hours and when you keep it in a standby mode then it is far more better than other phone’s battery life. It can stay for more than 450 hours i.e. around 465 hours. As far as I know the battery life of a Nokia 808 PureView is better than other Nokia smartphones, in fact it is better than Apple’s iPhone 4S. Nokia Lumia 900 was said to have the best battery life but 808 PureView has taken away the limelight from it. I would like to know what’s exactly your daily activities are with regards to your phone. How much do you use it for clicking and calling? And for how much time you keep it in a standby.

I do not understand how people are facing the battery issue even after getting such high quality installed into the phone. The 808 Pureview has 1400mah battery and the battery life is exactly as explained above.

Anyways if you are a high end user of 808 then I would suggest you to carry along a spare battery with you whenever you go for an outing to click images. This is what my friend does. Even he is a camera freak and loves taking pictures whole day. Once he went out for shooting in the morning he found that the battery of his 808 was completely empty. From then onwards he decided to carry along an extra battery.