Thread: Acer Iconia A700 is not compatible with CIFS manager

Acer Iconia A700 is not compatible with CIFS manager

I purchased an Acer Iconia A700 a week before and started using it. The first thing I didn’t like about it was the file manager. It was too simple and provided limited control over the files. So I thought of getting a new file manager for better maintenance of the data and the resources in Acer Iconia A700. I tried downloaded the CIFS manager from Google Play, but it shows that it is compatible with my tablet. I mean it is also an device which runs on Android, then why can’t it be provided for my tablet? Can anyone tell me some other better alternative for CIFS manager or maybe some way I can get it installed?

Re: Acer Iconia A700 is not compatible with CIFS manager

Acer Iconia A700 is a very new product, maybe Google Play didn’t make its apps compatible for your device. When you click on any app, it has a database of supported devices, maybe the tablet that you are using is still not added to the database of supported devices and thus, it showed as an incompatible device. You can wait for some days and wait till Google adds your device to their database so that you can use it. Also the Acer Iconia A700 uses Android 4.0 Ice Cream sandwich, the file manager is quite good for it and I don’t know why you dislike it.

Re: Acer Iconia A700 is not compatible with CIFS manager

Google play must not have yet accepted your device for CIFS manager. You can try downloading it from other source and try it in your Acer Iconia A700. Maybe it will work. Also the internal modules of working and functioning must be different than rest of the devices that have Android 4.0, which makes it incompatible with the CIFS manager on Google Play. If you have downloaded from any other website and still it doesn’t work with your Acer Iconia A700, then you can forcing it to run on your device by use of following command,
    insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko

See if it works. I have run many apps in past on my Samsung Galaxy SII using this command and most of them have been successful.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"